Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
I haven't begun putting serious thought into pursuing an MBA yet (25, newly married, looking for a house, broke) but I can feel the urge coming in the future. I received my BS in Computer Science at Georgia State University 2 years ago, and have been working as a Systems Administrator for a little over a year now. I love it, but I also love finance and project management and figure I would be a good fit to move up into an IT management position eventually.

I glanced at the GSU Robinson College of Law website today and noticed they have a 1 year MS-MIT program that looks good for me and I had some questions relating to this and MBAs in general.

Will an MS-MIT be as well/better regarded as a standard MBA inside the IT world? Outside?
Is GSU's business school as good as its reputation around Atlanta is whether I get this or an MBA later? I see the words "Top Ten" thrown around a lot on their website.
Is it typically easier to get into a business school at your Alma Mater?

The program cost is $39,500 inclusive of tuition/books/meals(Meals? For a 1 year course that only meets on campus every other Saturday?). I did just see it requires 5-8 years of experience in my field, so it looks like I won't be going anytime soon, but I want to be able to play ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU