Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a egg
Jan 10, 2006
I am sort of stuck between the decision to go for the MBA (advisor meeting today) and a Master's in Labor Relations/HR. I have been working in HR for 4 years, so I think I can get the LR/HR with little to no effort and much less cost honestly. But, I am also aware that I might be able to get a little more mileage out of the MBA - and plus I can just specialize in HR management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a egg
Jan 10, 2006

locdogg posted:

Ask yourself this: "Do I like my job and can I see myself working in this field for the next 20-30 years?"

I really do, and I can.

I talked to the MBA advisor last night, and I think I am leaning more towards the MLRHR (jesus thats a jumbled gently caress of an acronym) due to the fact that I might not be in this city long enough to finish it all in one place, and it will be very expensive. Plus, I think I can transfer more of my previous grad school courses to the MLRHR.

I have decided I am going to get the MBA at some point - I am still young so I am not gonna rush to get into an even bigger shitload of debt just because I want those three letters.

a egg
Jan 10, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

Most graduate programs are really picking about letting you transfer credit. Check with your program's policies, but don't be surprised if they're stingy.

Oh yeah no doubt. I had the chair of the department confirm I can transfer at least nine, so I'm pretty happy about that.