Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Anybody here go through McCombs at UT in Austin? It will be my only choice due to various reasons, so I obviously want to maximize my chances. My undergrad wasn't very great, Baylor with a 2.9 GPA (4.0 in partying), but I am 37 with many years of work experience with the last 8 years being in IT Project Management with a PMP cert on fairly large and complex projects. I haven't taken the GMAT yet, but I am quite confident I can get a decent if not great score. I also have some pretty good contacts with strong ties who would put in a good word behind the scenes, which I know this is supposed to be fully merit based, but I can't imagine wouldn't help.

I am not even sure if this is something I will move forward with, but I am just trying to get a feel for how hard it is to get in. If anybody went through it I would love to pick your brain about the experience. I'm looking at the full time program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU