Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015
Just finished Seasons After Fall
  • There are no missable achievements, you can explore freely at the end.
  • Try barking at everything, especially if it's glowing.
  • Can't move and nothing appears to be happening? Try barking a few times.
  • Stand still in the glowing water to teleport. To teleport something else, get it to stand still in the water.
  • When you're drawing shapes with bugs, changing seasons changes the line shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Anything for Dragon’s Dogma 2 if I never played the first one? Is Mage an okay vocation?

And this is a loving long shot here but anything for Ultimate ADOM Caverns of Chaos on Switch? By god what a buggy piece of poo poo but having a nice big roguelike on Switch is too tempting to pass up.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Rockman Reserve posted:

And this is a loving long shot here but anything for Ultimate ADOM Caverns of Chaos on Switch? By god what a buggy piece of poo poo but having a nice big roguelike on Switch is too tempting to pass up.

Please for your own sake get one of the Shiren games on switch instead.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Never been able to jive with Shiren, I need a character creator to be even a little bit invested. The closest thing I’ve found on Switch to scratching the deep roguelike itch is Tangledeep.

E: seriously though Ultimate ADOM on switch has a ton of on-screen buttons and icons that should be clickable but don’t respond to the touchscreen lol

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Ultimate Adom is a broken piece of poo poo

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rockman Reserve posted:

Anything for Dragon’s Dogma 2 if I never played the first one? Is Mage an okay vocation?

Nothing you need to know about the first one to play this one. Mage is a fine vocation (allof them are, except for one real poo poo one you unlock later), but keep in mind they are also the healer so you'll be in charge of keeping your group alive (unless you get another mage of course). Feel free to switch at a vocation guild whenever you feel like it, there's no penalty.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Anyone have any tips for Arcade Paradise?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Anyone have any tips for Arcade Paradise?

* It doesn't take long before money from the arcades far outpace anything else in the business

* There's no real penalty to neglecting cleaning clothes, except you get a little less money for it, so don't worry too much about them.

* If you're playing a game when the business closes, you can still keep playing to your heart's content. But if you stop, then you won't be able to play it again until the next day.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Vadun posted:

Ultimate Adom is a broken piece of poo poo

It is but i bought it for 4 bux too cause its a trad roguelike on console. Not that annoying to play unless the game does that thing where it bugs out and you cant shortcut anything but otherwise it's the only game in town afaik (I'm on ps so no shiren)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Anything for Coromon?

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Anyone have any tips for Starlink : Battle for Atlas ? I'm playing on Switch and decided to start out as Fox McCloud, using the Arwing, if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm playing it digitally (i.e. not using any of the physical toys).

homewrecker fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 6, 2024

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Cookie Cutter
  • The blue flash indicates an attack can be parried, but the timing on it is misleading. You actually want to watch the enemy attack animation and press the button just as it makes contact instead. The basic enemies where they teach it to you are also particularly bad targets for it, some later enemies telegraph their attacks better and it becomes more worthwhile to do as enemies get tankier.
  • If you're a completionist, there's destroyable flying TVs that count toward your item %, but don't get marked on the map if spotted. Area completion % also seems based on items rather than filling out the map and I've had bugs with map areas resetting then needing to be discovered a second time. I wouldn't go chase filling out every map square unless you really want to and even then it may be best to wait until the final collectathon.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Rockman Reserve posted:

All of the vocations are good to start with, you will want to change your (and your pawn's) vocations as you go, since each one unlocks its own augments, and there are some vocations you don't have available at the start.

Once you purchase a vocation or augment, it's free to change to it at any time, so don't be afraid to just jump between them. The only issue you might hit is making sure you have decent gear for any vocations.

When you find a seeker's token, take a screenshot or mark it down. Minor quest spoilers: There's a quest that makes you pick up an item at the first seeker's token you picked up, and return it to the quest giver within an in-game week.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

A Real Happy Camper posted:

All of the vocations are good to start with, you will want to change your (and your pawn's) vocations as you go, since each one unlocks its own augments, and there are some vocations you don't have available at the start.

Once you purchase a vocation or augment, it's free to change to it at any time, so don't be afraid to just jump between them. The only issue you might hit is making sure you have decent gear for any vocations.

When you find a seeker's token, take a screenshot or mark it down. Minor quest spoilers: There's a quest that makes you pick up an item at the first seeker's token you picked up, and return it to the quest giver within an in-game week.

Jesus Christ lol I have no loving idea where that was, RIP

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Rockman Reserve posted:

Jesus Christ lol I have no loving idea where that was, RIP

There is a mod that will make a quest maker for it and I highly recommend it because otherwise lol indeed.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

A Real Happy Camper posted:

When you find [your first] seeker's token, take a screenshot or mark it down. Minor quest spoilers: There's a quest that makes you pick up an item at the first seeker's token you picked up, and return it to the quest giver within an in-game week.

Small edit since the pertinent information was in the spoiler. Unless you wanted people to possibly take dozens and dozens of screenshots.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

There is a mod that will make a quest maker for it and I highly recommend it because otherwise lol indeed.

PS5, there’s no way in hell my rig would run it 🪦

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Rockman Reserve posted:

PS5, there’s no way in hell my rig would run it 🪦

It was probably around Melve, you could just get a list or map of them and search that area when the time comes. Just start where the start of the game is and go from there.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, that’s what I’ll have to do - I’m already kind of resigned to not obsessing over failed quests since I got on the wrong ox cart once, stepped off and immediately got a timed quest to find some lost kid that seems to have bugged out on the second or third step…which I couldn’t really investigate further as I had to bail on the town to finish some other timed quests.

Sorry, kiddo, maybe stay away from the fuckin’ wolves next time. This Arisen had their brain stolen by the dragon, not their heart.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
That quest is really indirect, you get a few clues then have to investigate and figure it out based on what 2 or 3 people said. I had to look it up myself because I thought a different NPC that got killed by wolves on the way might've been the boy and I didn't want to waste a wakestone.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

yeaaaaah I think my issue is I talked to one of the clue givers and figured out where to go and killed a shitload of wolves there, nothing happened, went back to the town and found another clue giver and that updated the quest to point to the area I’d already been…which didn’t have anything left of note, and when I arrived the quest marker disappeared entirely :shrug: no idea

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Whenever you have trouble finding a quest destination, you can always hire a pawn that knows exactly where to go.
Also don't worry about wake stones. They can be looted from enemies, found all over the place, and you'll even get an item (or buy one) that reveals the location of shards nearby.

Anyway, I was in the mood for a jank euroRPG and started up Elex. I've basically made it to the berzerker town in the start and have done a couple quests, but I'm not really sure what I should be doing, as combat is kicking my rear end, there's no equipment that I can equip, and I don't know what skills I should focus on. Is it worth working towards the social skills, even if I may not be using magic (since they require intelligence)? Any particular equipment or abilities I should keep an eye out for? I likely won't be joining any factions for trophy reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You're really weak at the start in Elex. Small rats can kick your rear end. Try to find missions you can complete without fighting, and find noncombat ways to complete missions.
Drinking lots of Elex will help, it'll increase your Cold though which can restrict your ending options if you don't counteract it.

If you want ezymode combat get a ranged weapon that inflicts stagger, you can easily staggerlock even the toughest enemies. The flamethrower (on fireball mode) is the easiest to obtain.