Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

civilian.d
Sep 21, 2006

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
this has been for sale for like 6+ weeks now... it seems a good price to me? is this a modelyear with a lot of problems or is there some bad aura around it for some reason i don't know?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/908553688.html

unrelated - this was at the bottom of a craigslist post i just looked at and it made me laugh...

"P.S.

One more thing, if your name is Minh Pham and you're looking at this ad, I'm sorry, you can't buy this bike even though I know you really want to. I don't think you're ready to move up from your scooter yet. "

civilian.d fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 10, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

civilian.d
Sep 21, 2006

OK - if you had a choice between a first gen and a second gen SV650 - what would you go with? Here's the info on each.

the 2000 : 8k miles, clean title, bone stock (NO mods), regular maintenance,

the 2005 : 14k miles, new rear tire, multiple owners, custom cherry bomb exhaust (must have been a one-off by a mechanic friend), rebuilt title - been layed down once. allegedly it was only cosmetic damage.

the 2005 is 400 bucks more, but they're both selling for pretty good prices (i've been watching the market on SV650's here for 3+ months)

i'm leaning towards the 1st gen. lower miles + clean title seems like a better buy, unless - are there any special things you can imagine that would make the 2005 more appealing? i guess the main diff other than the frame is carbs vs. fuel injection. does one really have an advantage over the other? i personally like the looks of the 2005 a little better, i like the 'pointy' frame and the taillights/rear of the bike... but that's not enough to base my whole choice on.

i need to make my choice in the next couple hours - i'm getting one or the other tomorrow morning. any advice would be great!

civilian.d
Sep 21, 2006

In retrospect, I'm not really sure why I even asked. That was my gut reaction, and what i expected to hear.

Well... new bike tomorrow! Yay!