Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

looking for a nicer tourer, my next tour in mind is a ride from norcal to florida (destination wedding :D). am I crazy for liking the V strom 1050? my other bike right now is a vfr. the v strom seems nicer for a long ride and the L-twin it sports is super appealing. I'm worried the handling will be wacky compared with the vfr but I need to try one out first to see

and the r1250 rs is tempting with the heated seat and shaft drive but maybe 21k is too much for a motorcycle right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

the new tracer has radar cruise. wonder how good that is. the tracer just doesn't do it for me at all aesthetically. actually I can't think of many new bikes that look as pretty as my VFR :angel:

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 28, 2024

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

VRFs were kind of build for long distance touring comfort. Why not just take your VFR on the trip?

its suitable for sure. more luggage space / roomier ergos would be the main reason to go a little bigger. wind guards for my hands are attractive too

I can average about 300 miles a day on the VFR before I'm worn out. the longest trip I've done was 2500 miles and I was pretty jealous of the baggers and GS bros by the end of it. you really do get stronger on a tour though, maybe i can work up to 400 miles which I would be happy with

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I’m seeing new old stock v strom 1050s going for $11k in cali. Not the color I would pick tho

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

my local dealer has one. I would love to take it on the 36 here

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

are p twins cool now

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

think im firmly in the #boughtnotbuilt camp

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I have been eyeing the multistrada v2s, there are a few for sale up here. Think I’m gonna wait another season and tour on the vfr for now

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

just make sure to wear your gear when you hit the twisties ~~

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Hypermotard?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

It’s ugly and I want one

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

It’s a xsr900 but cooler basically

Kawasaki needs to reintroduce the gpz imo

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

You could probably get a brand new klx300sm for the same price. Maybe too much crossover with the 125 but I think they’re cool

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I like the v2s a lot, kinda cross shopping it with the v strom 1050. Which I can get locally for like half the price of a v2s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

there's also the R7