Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Overpriced Balloons posted:

The place I work had to put up a barbed-wire fence because people's cars kept getting stolen or broken into. The murder rate is 3 times the national average and the neighborhood where my job is had at least 6 or 7 shootings that I can remember this year (because the police presence disrupted my commute). There is a welfare (or unemployment, I'm not sure which actually) office across the street, which often has a nice line of lovely people outside in the morning, and a park next to that which is a great place to meet a crackhead.

It's bad enough that I'm willing to pay a couple thousand dollars for motorized transport to avoid walking through it.

I'm not hoping to impress anyone, I just tend to get obsessively interested in everything I buy, and I enjoy having something that I like and that I can feel good about using and maybe putting a little money into. If it turns out that getting something like a BMW R60 is completely out of the question, then fine, I'll get something utilitarian that doesn't look as cool. But, if I can get something I like and will enjoy owning, why wouldn't I?

Also, keep in mind that if they are breaking into cars it is a lot easier to just *walk off* with a motorcycle/scooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Both seem to be in good condition and both seem to be at least a little overpriced. I can bring cash in hand, so I can at least negotiate some. Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards the 98 if I can bring it down a little.

Get another SV650 :colbert:

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

tbb9 posted:

well I bought that SV650s, it was just as good in person as it looked in the ad.

A bird poo poo on it on the way home when it was in bed of my truck, thats suppose to be good luck right?

God damnit I was about to head over there this weekend. Good job. Hope it isnt stolen cause thats a stolen price.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Looking at whats on sale these days. What would you guys suggest?

Background: Had a 2003 SV650s that I both commuted on and rode on track days a dozen times or so and got rid of in 2015.

Always liked the Daytona 675, which I dont see anymore. Is that dead?

Can find a local 2019 SV650X with ABS for $5450 or a 2020 SV650 for $5450. Both of which are non fairing versions which....not as big of a fan of.

Whats the difference with GSX-S compared to GSX-R? The GSX-S750/1000 are showing up a bit as half fairing bikes compared to the R6/R1.

I see Yamaha has a MT07 and Triumph has a Street Triple that looks like that would be more half fairing as well.

What should I aim for with under 10 grand for a new bike with a plan for a few track days and a few fun runs with no commuting anymore? Im not looking to be the fastest wheels out there but enough grunt to have fun so dont suggest a Grom lol (alright that was probably mean because a Grom would be a lot of fun on my neighborhood streets at 35mph)

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

:wtf: is an R7?!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Slavvy posted:

One r7 is a glorious specially built magic flower from when the R1 was a thing but sbk regulations mandated 750cc for a four cylinder and Yamaha got their big balls out, slammed them down on the design desk and purpose built a bike for the rules which then proceeded to finish second behind a Ducati.

The other r7 is an mt07 with fairings and other bling that came out a little while ago.

Haha! I think I might like the second one either way. Thanks!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Just get a 675 daytona and bin it on a light onramp

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Thinking of a multi bike purchase - anything to look out for/know about the '23 versions of MT-09SP and PW50?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Interesting, is there a better 50cc bike? Kid is almost 4, looking to get him onto something with a motor since he is handling pedal bike very well. TT-R50E? CRF50F?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Geriatric SA Forums Post of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I still miss my 2003 sv650s, good going goon.

edit: definitely change out the fork springs and rear suspension bits unless you happen to weigh 130.