Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This is the peak for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Finger Prince posted:

Not dumb at all, except that the naked one is better. Yeah, I said it.

One of the extremely rare occasions where this may not be true

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

2v desmo service is honestly really easy, you just need to make a moderate investment in tools for the job.

Then you need to make a large investment in rocker arms cause they are always, always pounded to poo poo because nobody does the clearances correctly.

Everything else on those bikes is mostly normal and straightforward stuff. You'll go through batteries and starter relays faster than other people, you'll need a clutch slave cylinder pretty much immediately, but everything else is just normal bike stuff no worse than a Japanese bike.

If you're prepared to get your hands dirty and have the bike stood down for long periods because of money or waiting for parts then yeah go for it. Nothing on that is beyond the diy mechanic, they are actually a very elegant and simple motor and a pretty easy bike to work on.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Supradog posted:

How common is water cooled two stroke Enduros? Early 90s era. It’s a sphere I’m not really in, and I may have found a local unicorn.

Every Japanese brand had one

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

Fix it with the same part for $40 or use a turkey baster.

Weird way to spell monster energy can

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

moxieman posted:

I think every motorcyclist is in a perpetual state of considering a drz400sm unless they already own one.

In which case they're perpetually thinking about selling it

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ducati

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It amuses me that both of those vehicles have the same cylinder capacity but the I4 is the one that's down-tuned for torque and longevity