Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ziploc posted:

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=85061667

I dare some of you to not look at this ad and not cream your pants.

See, that's just mean. My bike is at my parents' place since the weekend, and the weather in Toronto's been friggin' nice the past few days, and all I see is people getting some last rides in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/mcy/1178449707.html

1992 Suzuki Bandit 400; sounds good but upon checking the listing at the store, "needs carbs overhauled." Not that I plan on buying it, but anyone know about Bandits?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

talking_head posted:

This is what a fat man looks like on a sportbike. Dude should've gone with the Harley.

You broke how WaffleImages is supposed to work. Never link or post anything that doesn't say img.waffleimages.com. Now I can't see fat dude. :(

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
There's a 750 Kawasaki Turbo parked around my street regularly these days.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Here's an '82 Seca 650 Turbo: http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/mcy/1215086256.html

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I should stop going onto Craigslist because I've now found one of my dream bikes, BMW K75, right in my own drat neighbourhood.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
My neighbour has a W650, I keep meaning to get pics when it's not covered. Could have had a great shot of it and my CB400T last month when I was wrenching on the street, but there ya go.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Geez, I thought that ad said "weed only"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Sorry, had this posted in the other thread. I guess this is more of a "how's the price?" question. I should not be allowed on Craigslist, especially while my Honda's still in storage.
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/oak/mcy/1632196709.html

What can I say, I'm a Bimmer wanna be :v:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jabs posted:

The Canadian Dollar is as close to parity with the USD as I've ever seen.
1200 USD is 1212.84 in Moon Money today.

Canadian prices are still higher for some (baffling) reason, though.
CAN$ went over US$ in 2007. Exchange rates have little to do with historic pricing though. The market is also tiny compared to the US for bikes, so they hold their value.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That's a nice looking Interceptor!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:canada: bike market in a nutshell: everything costs more to start with, and it's a tiny market to boot.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
55 MPH speed limit as well, my Lynx had the good ol' 85 speedometer with 55 lined in red.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
^ You also don't live in the big, bad city, man :D

Network posted:

Ok. So I REALLY like the look of the Hyosung GT250 Comet's

There's an advertisement for one at $1000 with 14,000km.

The only problem with the bike is that it needs a new rear brake, rear tire and battery.

Would it be worth it to buy it, winterize it as much as possible to prevent damage, and work on it during the fall/winter to get it running? I would love to learn about motorcycle engines and I just want something to do during the fall and/or winter.

It starts up and runs, but just needs that new brake, battery and tire.

Here's the advertisement
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-touring-2006-Hyosung-Comet-W0QQAdIdZ313886743
How about a nice CX500?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I love when people put lots of :effort: into their ads:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Dunno anything about these, but it makes the pants quiver: http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/bra/mcy/2972584187.html

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Nerobro posted:

I'm going to put it to you this way. European messengers screamed so loud at suzuki when they put that bike out of production, that suzuki put it BACK INTO production to satisfy the demand.

They're great bikes. Do not pass it up, especially for that price.

If I had a garage, I would've been all over that without hesitation.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Just went and saw/test rode this 2007 Bandit 650S. I really found nothing wrong with it, and the price for the Toronto area is pretty darn good. The controls and body position are a bit different from the ol' CB400T, but not too far forward for my liking.

Really dug my short test ride. Of course it helps going from a 32 year old bike that needs engine work to a 5 year old fuel injected I4 with twice the power! :D Is tempting...

EDIT: wrong year (looking at too many ads lol)

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 15, 2012

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

epalm posted:

So here's my dilemma.

This guy is willing to sell his 2010 DL650 for $7,500. As you can see, it has all the trimmings. It also has 20K kms in 2 years, meaning it hasn't ever sat in a garage for very long.

The alternative is a 2012 DL650 for $9,000. It's the demo model at my local dealership. It has no trimmings.

I'm definitely going to want at least bags, heated grips, engine guard, centre stand. Is this a no-brainer and I should get the used 2010? If I do, will I be missing out on significant 2012 improvements?

Get the 2010 if there's nothing wrong with it.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Any reason not to look at a 2009 Multstrada to replace my fallen Bandit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

As long as you understand that italians gonna italian, no particular reason. Don't expect it to be an indestructible rocket tractor though.

builds character posted:

Any time you switch from a japanese bike to a european bike all your maintenance and random bits cost like eleven times as much.
Yeah true. I don't have a garage and only have street parking, so I figure I'll actually stick to tractors for now.