Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.

The Wormy Guy posted:

GS500?

Add me to the list of praisers for the GS500, I just purchased one as my first bike and it has been quite manageable and even forgiving when I made a mistake or two.

As said before, reliable, been around sicne the stone age, comfy, good to learn on, parts out the arse. What more could you want for a first bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

Am I crazy for wanting a Triumph Daytona 675, I am looking for a upgrade for when I hit my full license, I am not really keen about jumping onto a 1000cc machine but I am looking for something with a decent bit of HP but light and nimble as well.

Here in Aust the Daytona is cheaper then a GSXR600 to buy new, and the 09 models have the Triumph ahead of the GSXR in power and weight. I don't see a down side really, aside from the possibilities of horrible reliability due to the british factor.

Is this bike worth considering, it just looks so dam good I think I am in love.

This is the Daytona 675 SE, I pretty much want this exact bike, exact colours and wheels and everything.

DiZ fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Feb 23, 2009

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

Prince posted:

In NSW (and probably most other states but I have no idea) its max 660cc with a power to weight ratio of under 150kW/tonne.

The man is spot on, I am in NSW and that is my restriction currently. Right now I ride a 2004 Suzuki GS500.