Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Hell just getting knocked over in a parking lot did $1300 worth of damage to my 17 year old Honda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Get a strong runner with a dented tank for your first bike. Make sure you like riding alot before deciding that you want to be a bike mechanic too.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Never been wrecked yet there are cracked fairings. I don't give a drat if it's a theft recovery or not, unless they can verify that, it's a bike with a salvage title and hosed fairings. $1000-ish if it really is a theft recovery and only the fairings are hosed.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

hayden. posted:

It'd be interesting to hear everyone's take on what's the best bike-per-dollar for a budget of $1500. Strictly street oriented bikes with an emphasis on street rideability (no supersports/cruisers/dualsports) and points for power, reliability, comfort, and handling (aesthetics too if you like). The Ninja 250 is a good candidate to start with I'm sure.

Nighthawk 750. I spent $1500 on it, and it's been perfectly reliable, aircooled so less to break, and is plenty street-able.

If you're new, then Ninja 250.