Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

My 04 wagon is getting all of this later this month.

Not pictured is the FMIC.

Car shots

JudgeJoeBrown fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 3, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Chunderbuss posted:

Ok, so for my wagon, will there be much difference between the Ultrex and Sti items?

I just put one on my wagon and I could feel a difference in the car. The rear end feels much more solid and predictable. I just got a cheap sti knockoff for 20 bucks on ebay for shits and giggles and was surprised in the quality. The Ultrex looks like the same bar but with a 60 extra dollars tacked on to the price.

edit: I see the site is australian so take what I said price wise and throw it out the window.

JudgeJoeBrown fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 29, 2009

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Ground control uses Eibach ERS springs last time I looked which is their motorsports springs. Also how are GC rear sway bar mounts strength wise? I know the 02-03 wrx didnt have the greatest design to theirs which is why the 04 and up got a redesign.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Isaac Asimov posted:

Are those 4 pot calipers going to be better than the 05 WRX version(not being a douche)?

Also, I've read that you have to replace stainless steel lines eventually(like years). Is this really the case?

What brake fluid do you recommend? I just use whatever generic crap I bought for my Z a while ago.

Thanks.

They arent that great of an upgrade for the cost, just get lines, good pads, and fluid.

You do have to replace the lines after a few years more-so if they are uncoated.

I like ATE Blue/Gold for non synthetic and motul RBF600 for synthetic.

I also pulled the abs fuse because wrx abs is the worst feeling abs of any car Ive driven.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Who makes cheap synth brake fluid now that valvoline discontinued synpower dot4 fluid a while back?

My abs overreacted to any road imperfection while braking which didnt inspire confidence in it. 2002 models I know had a recall on abs computers and maybe 03s as well. I just dont like abs very much and most of my past cars havent had anyways.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Here is the abs recall info.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836061

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

The MFactory gear set is an option its suposed to be stronger then RA gears but no where near as strong as ppgs.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Not Jamal but Id say hta68 its a little more $850 but worth it and you would need bigger injectors.

I just got mine tuned on my 2.0 and its an insane turbo 321/284 on 92 octane 348/320 on 92 and torco.

Stock 07 injectors probably vf39/vf43 or evo3 16g.

JudgeJoeBrown fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 5, 2009

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Wheel bearings we dont need no stinking wheel bearings.

Your only hellaflush if you cant go to full lock on your steering wheel without eating your tire.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Its part of the whole hard parking trend.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

bladesamurai posted:

Are there any sporty subaru wheels that come in 17x7? I'm looking for a lighter set than my current ones (~22lb/wheel, I think) and I'm thinking of getting something like this: http://www.machiii.net/index.php/wheels/5zigen-fn01r-c-hot-version.html

However, if there is an OEM wheel that I could get for cheaper that's also lighter (and used), I wouldn't mind dredging craigslist and car forums to find someone selling them.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findWheelDetail.do?dVeh=dVeh&bp=&tc=MBMWEA&c=1&rcz=78703&yr=2004&pc=53624&wd=17&rw=&vid=008268&rc=TXAINT

Ive had good luck with my MB wheels from Discount Tire. They are rebranded A-tech wheels and are pretty light and also pretty cheap.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

A preview of things to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

I was a little busy this afternoon with my wrx.

What it looked like previously.

Forester struts and springs, whiteline forester rear sway bar mounts, kartboy rear sti endlinks on the front, and outback rear traing arm brackets.

Ill take some better pictures later in the week.