Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Would I be incredibly dumb to grab a Buell XB9R Firebolt as a first bike?

I read through the Wiki and see that the Suzuki SV650 is borderline as a first bike and the Buell is only slightly more powerful than that. And it gives me a hardon just to look at it.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/mcy/866274530.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Z3n posted:

Not incredibly stupid, more like just stupid. The biggest issue with the big twin is that it will be very sensative to throttle inputs, even at lower RPM, simply because of how much grunt the engine has from just off idle. And with 60-ish foot pounds of torque, even at lower RPM, you're going to be able to power wheelie it off the throttle in first gear alone, plus the engine braking will be monsterous.

I'd strongly push you in the direction of something else. Buy a cheap beater and pick up the Buell as a 2nd bike.

Thanks for the input. And what's up fellow Santa Barbara goon.