Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
I have a 2006 Honda VTR250 and want to be able to jack the bike up so chain maintenance etc is easier. I bought a rear wheel paddock stand similar to this and the matching knob thingies that you screw into your swingarm. However, when I got home, I realised that there is no place for me to screw the little knob things in. I have since returned the rear wheel jack and the knobs.

I'd really like for some way to jack the bike up, whether its the whole bike or just the rear wheel but I'm not sure what my options are. I am new to bikes so I don't have much of an idea what I can do. Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
Thanks for the replies. The stand I linked to isn't exactly the same as the one I bought; I'm not sure if it had the padded plates that go under the swingarm. The guy at the shop told me I needed those bobbins with it so I'm guessing I probably couldn't use that particular model.

I saw a "Dirt bike jack" at my local auto shop that looks like it goes under the centre of the bike, but I'm not sure if my VTR250 is designed to be jacked up at that point as its the bottom of the engine block. Anyone have any more experience?

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
I have a 2006 Honda VTR250, it runs perfectly and I am extremely happy with it (first bike). However, I noticed today that the small fan behind the radiator doesn't spin. Not sure what it does at speed, but when it was idling at a stop, the fan was not spinning at all. The temp gauge was right in the middle after about a 15 minute commute back from work. Is this normal? Does the fan only kick in when the temperature starts to get higher?

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
Yeah, I thought that was the case with the fan. Thanks for confirming my thoughts!