Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nskowyra
Jul 25, 2007
Vice President of Cool
BACKGROUND:
Got a 1998 CR250R (standard dirt bike) pretty much stock. Live in northern NY (Potsdam) and plan on using it during the winter. Plan is to warm it up with a heater fan when I want to use it. Temps range from -10-30 for the winter and will probably snow. the tarp is big enough to cover the bike completely and tuck under the wheels.

QUESTIONS:
Is it cool to leave out in below freezing temps under a tarp? Should I prop the bike off the ground even if I plan on using it 3-7x a wk? I got a block o wood and metal lifter stand.

Thanks for your time

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nskowyra
Jul 25, 2007
Vice President of Cool
Hey folks,

I'm going to be cleaning my bike and was wondering if a power hose (like 3-4k psi) was bad for the bike? I got a 98 dirtbike and had a lot of Oil around the muffler/expansion tube.

in general, what parts of the bike do you want to focus on in order to get a dirty bike clean?

thanks

not my bike, just cool

nskowyra
Jul 25, 2007
Vice President of Cool

kdc67 posted:

It can bad on anything plastic. We had some of Nero's RM250 fender flake. In general, for a dirt bike, you really want to focus in on any nooks in the frame and underneath the fenders. You'll find dirt like you wouldn't believe, and then some more.

so you think that if i take off the fenders/seat/gas tank. seal up the pipes/air filter/gas tank, I should be good?

nskowyra
Jul 25, 2007
Vice President of Cool
so i want to do a trip around southeast asia, anyone got links to some trip reports of people trekking across asia?

nskowyra
Jul 25, 2007
Vice President of Cool
awesome, awesome, thanks guys. ill post a map of where I am thinking of going in a few hours.

nskowyra
Jul 25, 2007
Vice President of Cool
here is my tentative route. I have none of the roads planned out yet, so if you know anyone who has done a trip similar. I am very flexible in the planning... I pretty much just want to start planning out something that starts in Malaysia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nskowyra
Jul 25, 2007
Vice President of Cool
I had no idea about Myanmar, and I have no intentions on getting into Korea, I know some people in Vladivostok and could hitch a ride back to the states on a boat if I made it there.