Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
I've never seen such confident, powerful strokes of the ass!
Can anyone recommend some regular old grips for my 99' SV650? The ones I have are pretty worn down and getting sticky for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
I'm a bit scared. So my dad called me today and told me he just realized that he put a bit of the wrong brake fluid in my bike before I came up to college. He said before I left, he noticed the level was a bit low, so he added just a wee bit to top it off. He told me it couldn't of been more than an ounce. My SV650 takes DOT4, and he put in DOT3. He's got me a bit paranoid because he's telling me some serious damage could happen.
I called a local dealership about bleeding my brakes and replaced all the fluid and such, but I can't get it done til next week.

How worried should I be? :(

Atomic Hotdog
Aug 23, 2007
I have a question of great concern, but I'm not sure if I can explain it in a clear way..

My '99 SV650 has been making some noises. When accelerating from a stop, there's a pop/click that comes from the back end. I can feel it a little with my butt, but moreso with my feet on the pegs. It SOUNDS like something is hitting something else, but it only happens within going from 0-15ish. There's from 1-4 of this pops, and it's scaring me. It happened in both 1st and 2nd gear.

Can someone tell me something to look at so I can give a better explanation? I was looking around at my rear wheel and didn't notice anything hanging. Something I can take pictures of to post of and give someone ideas? I don't know a whole lot about moto-maintenance, but I'll whip out my handy-dandy Clymer and check out whatever you guys tell me to look at.