Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

dozer_d11 posted:

I have an offroad question? I just bought a '98 cr250 and need a few things, the bike stores in Canada seem to enjoy raping you. Has anyone used thumpertalks store, are they any good?

Are you looking for OEM parts or aftermarket mods?

For OEM parts, I've always used https://www.powersportspro.com. They have Honda 'fiche going back more than a few generations, and are pretty good with pricing. Also, you can get the part number from their site and call around to local shops to find out if they are really raping you.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Considering that the bike is down regardless and the clutch cable, despite seemingly having tension, is not disengaging the clutch so I can't even roll it into the garage I'd say that's not my main concern. :)

I just happen to have a GS Twins shop manual lying around (don't ask). What year is your bike?

When you get all your pieces and parts together and are ready to go, let me know and I'll scan the relevant pages for you.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

You're in luck, mine covers GS Twins from 89-97.

When I get home from work I'll check the garage. If it's not there, then my friend (who actually owns a 96 GS500E) has it. If that's the case, I'll get it from him this weekend.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

Fantastipotamus posted:

HALP THE BIEK IS TOO TALL!

You could always take the bike to an offroad shop and tell them you'd like to lower the seat height of the bike to an acceptable level while still maintaining the ride. They might be able to help you out with something.

Also, unless you plan to get her a pitbike and make that street legal (which I would NOT recommend!), she's gonna be out of luck. Even the Yamaha TTR125 (for which you can purchase a full, street-legal DS kit from Baja Designs) is 30.5 inches of seat height, which is only 1.4 inches less than the Sherpa.

Maybe buy her a pair of those platform Alpinestars boots the Moto-hos wear at the AMA Nationals?

Bugdrvr posted:

I should have mentioned it's textile with suede or something shoulder and elbow patches.
I'm mostly concerned with the inside though. I've kept up on bug removal on the outside so it still looks presentable.

Just take it to the dry cleaner's, if you can afford it.

EDIT: WOW, totally missed the No Dry Cleaning thing. I guess I just glossed over it because my Icon jacket is actually Dry Clean Only.

Another edit: I didn't know where to post this, either in the Craigslist Gold thread or in here or in any of the other Motorcycle threads on here, but if there's anyone near Virginia that's looking for a good deal on an exotic litrebike, I just sumbled across this on Craigslist: 2002 Aprilia RSV 12k miles for $6250 http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/872828716.html

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 12, 2008

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

nskowyra posted:

BACKGROUND:
Got a 1998 CR250R (standard dirt bike) pretty much stock. Live in northern NY (Potsdam) and plan on using it during the winter. Plan is to warm it up with a heater fan when I want to use it. Temps range from -10-30 for the winter and will probably snow. the tarp is big enough to cover the bike completely and tuck under the wheels.

QUESTIONS:
Is it cool to leave out in below freezing temps under a tarp? Should I prop the bike off the ground even if I plan on using it 3-7x a wk? I got a block o wood and metal lifter stand.

Thanks for your time

I'd take it to a local shop and get them to set it up for riding in extreme cold weather. This is because temperature changes of only 15-20 degrees can cause a two-stroke to run dramatically different, to the point of unridability. If it's been ridden mostly during the warmer months, it's going to run like total rear end in the winter.

I'd flush the coolant system and put in new, 100% antifreeze (NOT 50/50!) and I recommend pre-mixing with a two-stroke oil designed for snowmobiles. Red Line makes a good one, although it's a bit on the expensive side.

Other than that, leaving it out should be fine. Just keep the tires aired up consistantly to avoid cold-weather-rot.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

Nerobro posted:

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD idea. use the proper mix. Using less water hurts both the cooling and antifreeze capability. Using LESS water and it will freeze sooner, and cool worse.

My mistake. I use Motul's Motocool Expert cooling solution, which explicitly tells you not to mix, so I was under the impression that it's better to run non-mix coolant.

As it turns out, the Motocool isn't 100% antifreeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

antisocial86 posted:

This is a really retarded question but does anyone know what kind of Harley Jax rides in Sons of Anarchy?

It's one of the Harley Dark Custom bikes. I remember reading a little blurb in one of the many Harley rags while I was browsing at a Barnes and Noble about the bikes on the show.