Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I bought an integrated taillight/turn signal unit for my FZ6 since I got cases that hide the rear signals from most angles, and I have a question about the wiring. The taillight itself is pretty self evident, 3 wires to 3 wires, but it’s only got one wire for each signal where the originals have 2. Do I need to do anything with those now superfluous grounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

That’s what I thought but it’s been a long time since I did any electrical theory and wanted to be sure.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Looks fine, OP. That bolt might be annoying if you ever have to take the rad out (some bikes you might want to unbolt it to get at spark plugs maybe) but until then I wouldn’t worry about it.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

A good polishing can do wonders but it won’t last. I just spend an hour with a thing of Turtle Wax polishing compound a rag bout once a season.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Everyone I know uses Optimate chargers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Yuasa batteries are pretty dependable, other batteries I’ve tried have had shorter lifespans, but at the end of the day a battery is a battery.

The main thing is you want a maintenance-free battery, sealed from the factory so there’s no dicking around with acids and distilled water.