Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Scam Likely posted:

Is there a word for that sensation of the handlebars no longer being straight even when you're riding in a straight line? Every once in a while my brain just decides the bars are turned when they definitely aren't. Usually takes a few glances down at my hands to reset the feeling.

In aviation, a similar sensation/illusion that you can get after flying in instrument conditions for a while is called "the leans."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

plastidip would probably work but the tape is a better idea imo. quicker and easier and probably even more effective.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah that tire is just like 30mm too narrow for the rim.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Are you sure it's an actual alarm buzzer and not, say, a mechanical vibration that happens to sound exactly like a buzzer that happens at a certain RPM? E.g. I once thought I had head knocking at high RPM, but it turned out to be the speedometer cable rattling against the fender when I hit its resonant frequency.

Can you be more specific about "every so often?" What are the circumstances that make it happen? I'll bet it isn't completely random.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

As long as it's designed for 12v you should be able to just hook it up in parallel, yep.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Make sure to take apart all your carburetors at the same time so you can clean them together for maximum efficiency.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah. The main thing that basic FI gets you over a carburetor, besides fewer moving parts, is an automatic choke. It's still subject to basic laws of physics like "cold gasoline sprayed onto cold metal doesn't vaporize very well."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You cannot go wrong with a Honda!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That's just how it is with motorcycles. As soon as you fix one thing, something else pops up.

I started out in mid-march with a simple goal: replace the carburetor boots and clean the gunk off the engine, and change the oil while i was at it.

that has since led to work on

the fuel pump
the fuel lines
the throttle cables
the chain
the chain guard
the clutch perch
the clutch lever
the clutch cable
the fairing mounts
the taillight mounts
the taillights
the license plate mount

and when i finally took it out for a ride yesterday, i discovered that i now need to work on

the choke cables
the brake light switches
the temperature sensor
the speedometer cable
?

it's all part of the experience!!!!!! :homebrew: :jeb: