Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

What exactly are these "Accessories 2.1" plugs hanging off the side of my Svartpilen 401 and can they be turned into heated grips or a USB charging port?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Slavvy posted:

I mean, you have a v-twin, if you need to inflate your tire just pull one of the plugs and use this

I wish my Svart 401 had a second cylinder... :negative:

I'm pretty ignorant of these connectors, but is there a name for the Accessory plugs on my bike? Everything that comes up in searches looks like a different kind of plug.

One example of many:

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/tecmate-sae-to-usb-charger-cable

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/trackside-usb-outlet

Scam Likely fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 30, 2022

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Why is it illegal to have a helmet cam? The tax collector in blue (NYPD) added it to the tax bill he gave me today for lane splitting.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Is there a word for that sensation of the handlebars no longer being straight even when you're riding in a straight line? Every once in a while my brain just decides the bars are turned when they definitely aren't. Usually takes a few glances down at my hands to reset the feeling.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Any tricks for insulating clutch and brake levers in the cold weather? With heated grips and winter gloves everything is toasty except for the points of contact with the levers.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

LimaBiker posted:

Did you buy that bike like that? It looks like it's not worn too much, but it most definitely is not the right tire size for the rim. Don't ride it.

Gotta go to Reddit to find the OP.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Lately it's been raining a lot and it's making me freak out every time I park after a long commute. The rain combined with the road grime that gets kicked up all over my engine results in burning smells (Subtle oil/plastic scents) carried in the billowing steam that really seems like a bike fire is about to start. Husqvarna 401's are known to run stupid hot during normal operation, but I'm worried my bike is beyond normal. Does anyone else experience this when riding a lot in the winter?

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjOD-Yg8Vgo

I'm the dummy here right? I assumed the driver was slowing to turn left at the cross street, but should've waited a bit longer before passing.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

RadioPassive posted:

I'm not thrilled about this but I'll need to street park my bike in Boston for at least the summer.

What's a good GPS tracker that'll alert me and find it when it gets stolen?

I use a Monimoto. It worked as intended, calling my cell and activating tracking when I tested it.

It's combined with a brake lock, a few airtags and an Oxford Beast chain lock (after thieves got through a Kryptonite NY Fuhgettaboutit lock).

Ugly up your bike cover too. Smear something on it that could be mistaken for poop for maximum deterence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

How much cooler is it to ride with one hand on the bars instead of two? Must add at least +5 to Rider Coolness since I see so many dudes in t-shirts and sandals doing it.