Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codewarrior
Jan 6, 2003
Does anyone have any suggestions for reasonably priced luggage for my Yamaha V-star? I'm not a fan of paying $500+ for OEM leather bags, and I'm a bit suspicious of Jafrum bags because of the universally poor customer service reviews. Is there any middle ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codewarrior
Jan 6, 2003
I have a 99 V-Star Classic. Anybody know where to find out what kind of headlight / signal lights it takes? I lost the manual and it is surprisingly hard to find this stuff online.

I ask under the assumption they are more or less the same that might be used for cars, and I can just get them in the auto parts store (where the parts book only has listings for cars, though). If I have to go to the dealer then I'll do that, but that seems silly.

codewarrior
Jan 6, 2003
I have a 99 v-star that hesitates a lot when it's cold -- once it warms up it runs like a dream, but sometimes rolling on a little throttle when it's cold can even stall it. I know the PO had left it sitting for ~8 months, but he said he'd cleaned the carbs afterward. I'm pretty new to small engine maintenance so I'd rather not muck around with taking parts off the engine just yet; anything obvious to look for? I'm already planning to run some sea foam through it since I've seen that suggested here before.

This is more of an issue because I want to bring it back out soon and it's still pretty cold around here (bloomington, IN)

codewarrior
Jan 6, 2003
I have a '99 V-Star 650 with a leaky fuel-shutoff valve. I was already in the habit of shutting it off while parked as a precaution, but lately it has started to actually leak in a slow drip while it's turned on. Very annoying.

It can't be that complicated to fix myself, aside from draining all the fuel out of the tank, right? I guess I'm just nervous because I don't have access to a garage or a lot of tools, so the repair (my first on a motorcycle) would have to be completed in a driveway. Looking at online parts diagrams I would imagine all I have to do is replace some valve packing, though, which seems simple enough.

Would I be opening a can of worms?

thanks!