Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

I know its not a question, but this isnt worth its own thread.

Holy gently caress this is a steal if you dont mind doing some wrenching.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/872904041.html

Thats a fuckload of bike for not much dough.

Similarly, a fuckload of bikes...

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/872994627.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waptang
Nov 30, 2003
I'm 24 and pay $230 a year for full coverage on an 03 SV650 with Progressive. I've had some tickets and accidents in the past, but I think they're all off my record now.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

Christoff posted:

So I'm going to be having some basic maintenance done and will be ordering parts online. I'll need a oil filter, oil, air filter, and oil/lube for the chain. Also, for coolant. Is that something I can get at autozone and the likes or do I need to order it online? I'm pretty sure the brakes are alright (1/2"-1" each) but I will check again. What all should I get? I don't have a manual or anything so I'm completely clueless on it all. (Brands, weight, etc). Is a clutch and throttle cable something that needs to be replaced or simply adjusted? I suppose I might as well get brake fluid as well.

Also, what's the best site for all these items?

Bike is a 1993 Ninja ZX-6e

Thanks in advance.

You'll probably be able to buy all of the above, except for possibly the air filter, at AutoZone, Advance, O'Reilly, etc.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

Captain Apollo posted:

How do I reconnect a battery to a motorcycle properly?

Do I attach negative and then positive or positive and then negative?

Reconnect the positive first.

efb, and in greater detail.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

CoolBlue posted:

Ohio blows nuts too.

Fixed. Every time I drive through Ohio it's miserable. Construction and police all over the place.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

CoolBlue posted:

Fair enough. The number of highway patrol officers shooting laser/radar seems to grow exponentially every year. The construction is worse though, for every project they complete 10 more get started. By the time they finish adding 1 lane to a highway, capacity has grown to the point where it needs another one. I swear there are sections of 71, 270 and 75 that have been under construction since I was born.

I live in Indiana and my dad live in New York, so I drive through Ohio whenever I got out to see him. I take 70, 270, 71, and 271 and there always seems to be construction on every one of them.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

Z3n posted:

I've gone from being skeptical about Ricor Inimidator...intimis...initimiwhateverthefucks to pretty much a believer...one of the production guys went faster than a proddy bike has ever gone at infineon with a bike that had them. Plus, no drilling or cutting. They'd be at the top of my list if I were revamping the suspension on a bike at the moment. Plus supposedly they work best with the stock oil and springs, so bonus there as well.

I've been considering the GSXR frontend swap for my SV; would you recommend the Intiminators over the swap? At this point, I'm strictly doing street riding. I haven't made my way to the track yet, but plan to at some point.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003
I have a 2003 sv650n, and I noticed last night on my way home that my speedo/odo had gone tits up. It's been pretty rainy here the last couple of days, but I'm not sure if the rain had anything to do with it or not. My morning commute was about 23 miles and very wet, while the ride home, where I noticed the failure, was dry. When I first noticed it, the speedometer was bouncing around from single digit speeds to about 30mph, and ended up flatlining at 0. At this point, I don't get any reading on the speedometer unless i'm doing about 30mph or less, and it's not right even then.

Is this a common problem, and where should I start looking?

waptang
Nov 30, 2003
A coworker of mine picked up a 1980 Suzuki DS80 for a whole $40. He had to pick up a couple parts to get it running, but the thing started up on the third kick. I'm helping him look for manuals for it, but coming up short. Anybody know where I might be able to download the owner or service manuals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waptang
Nov 30, 2003
I'm moving from Indiana to San Francisco this summer and would like to have everything in line as far as my motorcycle goes. I have a 2003 SV650 with a slipon and fender eliminator. What do I need to know about registration, laws, etc.? Is it crazy of me to think I could get by with just the bike living in the city? Anything I need to know?