Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Slavvy posted:

Have you tried altering where you actually put your butt in the seat? Also, what's the point of putting down both feet on a relatively light bike like that if you're quite tall? When I stop at a light I only put my left foot down and have my right on the brake; my bike weighs 220kg and I'm shorter than you by 3 inches so this shouldn't be a problem for you on a striple.

That is what I usually do, one foot down, one on the brake. Sometimes I just like to put two down to move my legs around but you are right, I don't need to.

I have been trying to adjust my butt around and see if there's a more comfortable spot, wasn't too successful last year with it, today was my first ride of the season :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Slavvy posted:

Your muscles have probably just re-adjusted to sitting behind a steering wheel :)

Actually I wonder if the difference between the 250 and this is just that this one is a lot wider.

Tamir Lenk posted:

As a fellow 6'2" goon, I also leg/hip cramps when riding, especially with my low bars and rearsets. Working on a new seat, so I plan to elevate my rear end a bit for comfort.

When the cramps start, I find some relief by standing at longer stops to work the kinks out.

See the problem isn't after riding for a while, it happens immediatly after I start, 2 mins into riding after hitting a stop sign and they just begin to HURT as soon as I put my foot back on the peg. Today they are still aching quite a bit, I'm def thinking I just need to start more stretching exercises to loosen the hips up.

Granted I only rode 4 times last year due to health issues so that's probably why it's so bad right now, however I did notice it on my first rides with the bike last spring before I got sick.