Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huplescat
Jun 8, 2005

Phat_Albert posted:

Heres a question. The Bandit doesnt have a clock, and this bugs me. I see plenty of stick-on battery operated clocks. Those are all well and good, but I do a significant amount of night riding.

What I want, and I know this is asking alot, is a clock with a backlight powered by the bike that would go on and off with the ignition.

Does such an animal exist?

Yep, it's called a wrist watch strapped to the handlebar :) Doesn't turn off with the ignition, but it doesn't really matter.

Backlit, waterproof and it ain't falling off in a hurry. Bonus is that if it gets pinched it costs less than $20 to replace. I spent ages searching for a clock for my bike until someone suggested a watch.

I've been told that quite a few bikes aren't being made with centrestands these days (CBR's for one) and can't for the life of me figure out why this is other than maybe the design not allowing for it. Seems like it'd be a gigantic pain in the arse not having one as I use mine quite a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU