Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006
Thirding the sport demons on the 500. I'm running them on mine and I love them, not a single complaint. They warm up pretty quick and handle very well in the wet as well.

Also for personal luggage on a bike (Backpacks and such) I would highly recommend a sturdy two strap pack if you're trip is going to have any sort of length to it. I ride with both a normal backpack and a 20x30 over arm portfolio to class daily and let me tell you if the ride was any more than 5 miles, my neck would end up getting sore. Obviously the 20x30" over shoulder portfolio is a bit extreme(damned art school) and a messenger bag would be less stress, I would still go double strapped on long distances.

For riding in the cold; layer up and full tuck whenever possible as it really helps get the wind off of you.

My question is that my front left turn signal has gone out and I can't find the freaking bulb to replace it. Like the jackhole the PO of the bike was he replaced the stock front signals with clear flush mount signals. I cannot find a proper sized amber bulb for the life of me. Is there any way to special order single bulbs online or maybe even like a bulb paint so I could paint clears an amber tint because everyone seems to carry the freaking clear. I'm sick of the quick blink of an out bulb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

Z3n posted:

Trintintin would it be possible to go back to stock signals? Or maybe contact someone who supplies clear turn signals, like http://www.clearalternatives.com/

I actually did get a pair of stock signals and that was just a whole other mess. They wouldn't mount up properly at all because of how the bike was "Dropped in the driveway". I definitely got taken for a ride when I bought this bike, because it was clearly almost completely rebuilt and wired and everything is bent to poo poo in the nose of it. So those didn't work out. I figure if I get desperate I can just get a clear bulb and a yellow sharpie, since I've found clears in the size I need, but thanks a bunch for that site I'll check it out.

I think pipes are so marked up because its the main simple boytuner upgrade for a bike so prices can be gouged and people will still buy it. Also maybe you should look into lesser known pipe companies and see if you like what they put out. That way you aren't paying for the name, and its unique. Check on ebay or special forums for the specific bike you can normally get them used and cheaper that way.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

Jack the Smack posted:

I think it's my loud pipes then that keep me safe, cause on the bikes I've ridding I've installed or they come with loud rear end exhaust.

I ride a bike with pipes louder than most and I've still almost been rear ended a few times. It's not when you're at the front of the pack that it's the problem, it's when you're in between cars. I've almost been sandwiched quite a few times in the last year, and if not for looking in my mirrors would be hosed. One instance wasn't even at a stop sign and if I hadn't been checking my mirrors I would've been badly hurt. A lady was making a left turn into a parking lot on a busy 1 land road near me. I see her put on her blinker, and look in my rear view to see a large truck not slowing at all, so without thinking I don't even slow and I just slide past the lady turning in the shoulder. As I got past her front bumper I had the pleasure of hearing the truck behind me lock up its tires and slide inches from her bumper.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006
A random powder coating question that is bicycle related, but I'll get a better answer here then the offroad bike thread. I'm looking to get my rim bands, forks, bars, cranks, and sprocket powder coated. Is there anything I should be looking for in a local powder coating shop for quality and prices, because I really have no idea what to be looking for. Also is there a good place that I could simply ship my parts too that is priced well and has a quick turn around time (a week or two).

Since the bike parts are super light, MAYBE 5lbs combined at best, shipping it out to a company that could strip and coat them would probably be my best option for cheap pricing with good quality I assume. Any recommendations?