Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Not a dirtbike. Shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does anyone make modern electronic gauges that fit in the round gauge buckets of old bikes?

I’m going to be getting my 75 Kawi F11 back on the road over the winter and both the tach and speedo are completely shot internally. I can buy used ones on eBay but they’ll probably just die too, plus I’d rather not mess with getting new drive cables and all that.

So this has me looking for modern gauges that look vintage enough that they won’t be wildly out of place on a 75 enduro like a trail tech vapor would be

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I revel in the schadenfreude of people who paid 6 figures for a dogshit bike being forced to unload them for $0.50 on the dollar or less and still not selling them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A solid turd is straight up better than hot diarrhea, yes. There is a spectrum, even for poo poo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats the fuckin best page snipe I've ever made. I'm retiring now

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Assuming it gets used for its implied purpose, I think its pretty cool.

Bespoke thing-haulers are always neat to me

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nerobro posted:

You're also describing every self proclaimed "cafe racer".

You’re both describing things that are built by people who are not fabricators, welders and machinists by trade. Doesn’t matter the type of bike, if the person working on it doesn’t have the skill set to achieve a high standard of accuracy, precision, and ultimately, quality, the end result will be what you’re describing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

This is true but they don't need to then start a company selling them for 50k

lol like that would ever happen they'll be sold for 100K

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Merry Christmas moto goons.

Post up your bike haul from Santa

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As some of you may remember, I broke my foot a couple months ago dragging pegs on the goldwing with no toe sliders, so Santa brought me a pair of Alpinestars SMX 1-R’s, which should, HOPEFULLY, prevent the same thing from happening again

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

It's a 180 degree V

0 degree v-twin :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Uh, finally some bold new colors that actually look good!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jazzzzz posted:

lower fork legs slid right off the uppers when he went for that second wheelie

It’s definitely this. Probably broke something internally from topping out the forks constantly.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Related:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sick, another parallel twin to add to the parallel twin pile

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:hmmyes:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

His legs definitely got hit hard by the tank and/or triples. Hard enough to flip him around.

I’m guessing he didn’t snap his femur, but he’s feeling that in his legs tomorrow

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Sick, another parallel twin to add to the parallel twin pile

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lmao at expecting a Japanese manufacturer to react to the market in a timely manner

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

800 more CC’s? No higher cost?

800 more CC’s? No! higher cost!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Strife posted:

and yet Kawasaki still makes the KLR

Slavvy posted:

There are so many people who love those and I cannot fathom it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I hope the person wearing the camera had a helmet on because they sure did turn to face that jeep right as it smashed into their face

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I financed a bike as soon as I got out of college and got my first Big Boy™️ job. Never again. I hated instantly being upside down on the loan the second I rode the bike home. It made me not want to ride.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lol at literally getting a participation trophy for buying a Harley, a thing invented by boomers to get mad at.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My goon wife’s curvy bike

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ha ha, good one, punchy

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As someone who grew up the way you described, those terrible rat bikes that tried to kill me, barely ran, and were anything but nice are some of my favorite bikes to look back on today.

My complete shitbox XL250 that I bought for $20 and a case of beer carried me to work every morning at 4am to my terrible Helpdesk job after college. The ride to and from work was the highlight of my day. I rode dirty for a while because I literally couldn’t afford to get it titled. That cheap lovely bike was hugely important to me

What I’m saying I guess is different strokes and all, and I think the moral of the story is everyone loves their bikes regardless of the period of their life they’re in.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

One of you buy it. CX Turbos are awesome, and on my bike bucket list

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rolo posted:

It’s 55-72 degrees today, the sun is out and I have the weekend off from literally any responsibility.

I’m gonna rid.

Always find youself ridding

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How long until someone makes some 5000 amp portable battery welder

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You stand to do more damage than anything by washing the inside of them I’d imagine

I mean, clean the carbon out of the tip if you want but other than that I’d not do anything with them

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ryan f9 sucks, imo

There, I said it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MSPain posted:

their Suzuki Bergman video was great :colbert:

broken clock, etc

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Motorcycles only attract dudes.

Raw gay horsepower and all

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Always wave to scooters :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Best we'll get is maybe chicago does some lane splitting stuff, but if you're in any smaller cities its a big nope

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Like, what’s their plan if you were actually to hit their door? You’re gonna ruin their door, they’re gonna gently caress up your bike, you’re probably going to get pushed into the car next to you, so now there’s collateral damage.

Literal toddler brain poo poo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'd be interested to hear your results because my local place is charging $65 per tire nowadays, but I have long since sworn off streetbike tire changes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I think clutches make a lot of sense on electric dirt bikes. There is so much to riding a dirt bike that is helped by the ability to use a clutch.

For example, this electric trials bike:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7345949216390319392

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Everyone should own a supermoto, specifically a drzsm