Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I was watching some youtube videos about the Yamaha Niken and someone in the comments said, "This is the bike the IT manager at work rides" and I've never felt more called out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

busalover posted:

Does it have more grip on lovely roads, or what is the benefit of a three-wheels setup?

You pretty much nailed it. Here’s two British blokes going on about it. https://youtu.be/jEAEI3VEReQ

And fort nine hypothesizes that it’s a tech research for further development https://youtu.be/pLsKnCd3Dkg

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Steakandchips posted:

All that being said, Nikens still look very stupid.

Hell same.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

My future bike garage:

Yamaha Niken GT
Honda NM4
Honda DN-01

What other nerd bikes can I add?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

knox_harrington posted:

BMW C1

e: lmao

Picture this bike but the rider looks like the ackshullay meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Steakandchips posted:

What's the self-stabilising Honda concept bike called?
It's this one:

Which I like the looks of as a motorcycle. Honda also put that same tech in an NM4 bike so it would remain undefeated as nerdiest bike.
It's beautiful. Its perfect.

I feel the garage needs some sort of hub steering motorcycle. Or something that rebels against front forks for steering.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Yeah see you're thinking of the bike it was intended to evoke, which only exists in anime (and the garages of a few custom builders)

except even that bike only looks like that because the guy you see riding it 99% of the time is a Japanese 14 year old, ie a major shortarse

I think the looks of it could be helped if the tank and triple tree were raised like the Rebel 500 does. Instead it looks too low with a regular sized person on there.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 12, 2022