Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Bananachin posted:

Here's my old boy Roger

Arguably looking forward more to seeing him when I move home later this year than the family.
This is a good boy. Goodness :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Here's Fitzgerald in his favorite spot. The groomer went kinda nuts and shaved him instead of just a trim, gonna be a few months before it all grows back.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Good dogs. All of them. Good dogs.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sir Tonk posted:

Here's Fitzgerald in his favorite spot. The groomer went kinda nuts and shaved him instead of just a trim, gonna be a few months before it all grows back.

Mines still got a spot on her back from where they shaved her too short and the furs not growing back proper.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Sir Tonk posted:

He still looks like a good boy, though.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Panda at work a few weeks ago testing out a wagon.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

I Might Be Adam posted:

Panda at work a few weeks ago testing out a wagon.
Hooray for work corgis! :3:

I worked one weekend during crunch time when my wife was out of town. I didn't want to leave Waffles at home alone all day, so I brought her into the office with me. I put up a baby gate in the doorway to my office and she napped in her bed that was sitting next to my bookshelf. It worked out really well until the cleaning lady started vacuuming in the hallway. Once the vacuum fired up, I suddenly had a panicked corgi hiding under my desk and looking up at me with terrified eyes...

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Tegan is 8 today, and has spent half of her life trying to eat this dumb hat.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Hobold posted:

Is it a normal corgi thing for them to have a lot of extra skin on their back, like cat levels of extra skin?

Nobody else answered so I'll say that my half-corgi mess does have some extra skin on his back. It's mostly just below his neck, but it doesn't really look abnormal. Can't really tell until you actively look for it / grab it with your hands.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Trabant posted:

Nobody else answered so I'll say that my half-corgi mess does have some extra skin on his back. It's mostly just below his neck, but it doesn't really look abnormal. Can't really tell until you actively look for it / grab it with your hands.

Thanks. Mines got it around her neck, but the bit on her backs like what you'd see on a cat. Its noticeable when she lies down as it kinda pools beside her.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Hi all, so excited to find out we have a Corgi thread! Let me catch every one up on my little waddle-butt. Click for full size.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

hendersa posted:

Hooray for work corgis! :3:

I worked one weekend during crunch time when my wife was out of town. I didn't want to leave Waffles at home alone all day, so I brought her into the office with me. I put up a baby gate in the doorway to my office and she napped in her bed that was sitting next to my bookshelf. It worked out really well until the cleaning lady started vacuuming in the hallway. Once the vacuum fired up, I suddenly had a panicked corgi hiding under my desk and looking up at me with terrified eyes...

Panda goes to work with when I'm not in school. She's gotten real comfortable with the office and everyone in it over the past few years but she refuses to not be by my side for very long. She waits outside the bathroom for me. More offices should be dog offices. Everyone enjoys her company. Dogs are great.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Lola herds my sons dinosaurs. Its hilarious to watch.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

My boyfriends dog Destin visiting Battleship Texas

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Man, I haven't been down there in years. Should go before it gets hot again.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

We spent some time outside in the backyard this weekend.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Today Lexi got herded hardcore by a Cardigan. She had no idea what was happening and had no idea why this dog was barking so much. It was funny to watch. I'll try to get some pics next time it happens :)

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Alwyn is trying to make me jealous about his food.
Also interesting, despite him being pure Corgi Cardigan, the ears stayed down even after more than a year.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Oooo a blue merle :love:

If their ears are big it can be tough for them to come up on their own, especially when they are little and teething and low on calcium, which helps keep the ears up. Our breeder gave our cardi a lovely duck tape crown to get her ears up because they hadn't started to rise by 5 months or so. I got the impression that there was a 'critical period' for propping ears up which makes it difficult to do so when they are older but I'm not a dog doctor or anything so I don't know if that's actually true.

hendersa posted:

We spent some time outside in the backyard this weekend.

Adorable :3:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Crossposting from Dogges because I think these are both the best thing ever

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

matureaudiencesonly posted:

Oooo a blue merle :love:

If their ears are big it can be tough for them to come up on their own, especially when they are little and teething and low on calcium, which helps keep the ears up. Our breeder gave our cardi a lovely duck tape crown to get her ears up because they hadn't started to rise by 5 months or so. I got the impression that there was a 'critical period' for propping ears up which makes it difficult to do so when they are older but I'm not a dog doctor or anything so I don't know if that's actually true.

My dad did indeed try that, while I preferred trying it with some calcium carrying things to help building it, however after a bit we gave up on it, as he utterly despised the tape.
Either way, now we got a blue merle with rrally cute baby ears - not the worst thing to have. :smug:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Nobnob posted:

Alwyn is trying to make me jealous about his food.
Also interesting, despite him being pure Corgi Cardigan, the ears stayed down even after more than a year.

Hey another Blue Merle! I'm sure you get stopped all the time too. :)

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Nobnob posted:

My dad did indeed try that, while I preferred trying it with some calcium carrying things to help building it, however after a bit we gave up on it, as he utterly despised the tape.
Either way, now we got a blue merle with rrally cute baby ears - not the worst thing to have. :smug:

Oh, that's funny! Treasure those extra-large floppy ears then :) Ours loved to snack on calcium chews (obviously we didn't let her indulge to the point that it was dangerous) so I think that helped a lot with keeping hers up.

And yea, total grade A dog you've got there. He looks like a very good boy.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

My wife spent some time yesterday planting flowers, and Waffles was busy supervising the effort:

After the flowers were all in, she spent some time relaxing on the patio:

:3:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

hendersa posted:

My wife spent some time yesterday planting flowers, and Waffles was busy supervising the effort:

After the flowers were all in, she spent some time relaxing on the patio:

:3:

Grade A sploot, good supervising!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

My stupid mutt

titty_baby_ fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 1, 2017

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

That link isn't working for me.

content: my corgi/gsd/great dane mix

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

What a difference a month makes. It seems like one day we're still waiting for spring to show up and the next it is warm enough to go for a walk in the woods and splash around in a few streams...

That dog is always so patient when the kid is involved. :3:

On a side note, we've reached a new record of brushing out fifteen brush fulls of Corgi undercoat in one grooming session at our house. The last hoorah of her winter coat, maybe? When Corgis shed out their coats, they do not screw around.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Someone once told me corgis only shed two times a year: spring through summer and autumn through winter. Tegan's neck and thighs are hairy like nobody's business.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
SF Bay Area corgi con is this weekend!

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Sam never stopped shedding, and she hates when I brush her. Its a never ending battle chasing fur tumbleweeds around the house.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Here's the lad in Southern Hemisphere autumn

Two more months and I'll finally get to see this boy up close and personal again

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Hello, I haven't visited this thread since Lucy passed away last year, but I've been taking care of my sister's corgster mutt for a few months now while she's out of the country so here's a few pics:

She's a corgi-shepherd I guess. She has a corgi body (including butt) and hair but very emotive ears and coloring I haven't seen on a corgi before--and she smiles like a corgi. She's also naughty and gobbles down dead birds before I can catch her, runs really drat fast, and falls on her back for belly rubs whenever you get close to her.

Y'all got Furminators for shedding? They're amazing.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

thylacine posted:

Hello, I haven't visited this thread since Lucy passed away last year, but I've been taking care of my sister's corgster mutt for a few months now while she's out of the country so here's a few pics:

She's a corgi-shepherd I guess. She has a corgi body (including butt) and hair but very emotive ears and coloring I haven't seen on a corgi before--and she smiles like a corgi. She's also naughty and gobbles down dead birds before I can catch her, runs really drat fast, and falls on her back for belly rubs whenever you get close to her.

Y'all got Furminators for shedding? They're amazing.

She's adorable! Are you sure she's not just a Black-Tri, she looks all Corgster to me.

EDIT: Forgot what I came here to actually post, Rosie is 1!

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 14, 2017

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Roger practicing his gymnastics routine

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I drew this for a friend a couple days ago. She urged me to make it my first post on Twitter and it exploded a bit :stare:

https://twitter.com/BiggestTaco/status/877430726223736832

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I've got a question concerning food. How much typically are you serving your Corgs and how many times a day usually?

We kinda messed it up with Count a bit in the beginning and gave him more than he should be eating which made him gain some pounds. Since then he has gone down and yes the vet did mention that he shouldn't be eating that much period.

Before I was doing like a cup a day, split between two bowls a day. I'm still not even sure what's right tbh. I'm used to having larger dogs so I suppose that's why I didn't do this the right way. Anyways my concern is that now on smaller portions Counts just always hungry and he's eating grass and sometimes poop. Our other dog used to eat grass and stuff but he was never underfed or anything. He's a lab he was always hungry no matter what. I just want to be sure that's the case here and I'm not doing something wrong with Count.

I'm going to bring it up to the vet but my I just wanted to hear something from other owners. I just want to do right by Count ultimately.

In better news, his itching has significantly decreased since we introduced fish oil into his diet.

Bonus photos of Count. He was chilling on the passenger side seat but sometimes he just figured being on he floor is best.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 24, 2017

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Tegan gets the same, 1 cup split between two meals. She still eats poop occasionally, but corgs gonna corg.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Millions posted:

She still eats poop occasionally, but corgs gonna corg.

This won't stop no matter how much you feed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lmao thanks y'all it's appreciated.

• Locked thread