Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
I believe Elf Pron's came from a byb or store as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD

elf pr0n posted:

I bought Ula from a pet store without knowing any better, and I love her all the same. Doesn't mean I agree with pet store dogs now, though v:shobon:v

Please don't think I was saying that at all. Sachiel said there are a lot poorly bred dogs from not the best places in this thread (in his own rear end in a top hat way) and someone else said there was only one.

Off the top of my head, you were the only person I could remember that 100% came from a not so reputable source, so I was just using you and your little guy as an example that there are other folks in this thread that have made the mistake Sachiel was referencing.

Hope I did not offend, did not mean to imply that you would go back and get another store doggy.

Zombie Dictator posted:

What does that matter outside of gloating rights to people I don't even like? "Oh, I see you have a wonderful dog that you love with all your heart, but since she's only 92.5% corgi, you shouldn't dishonor the breed name by calling her a corgi ".

Health issues - big reason why its important to know an accurate pedigree. A lot of health problems are genetic, and with accurate pedigree records and tests for the dogs, you can often avoid really bad and devastating issues all together.

Also, many of these issues crop up later in life. Just because you made it 1.5 years does not mean Leeloo will not have any problems. Keep an emergency fund still trust me.

Zombiesinmyshower! fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 20, 2009

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD
Doggy park cuteness!

I have to admit, sometimes deep down I do wish that at least ONE of the two breeds that I generally keep around me would make a good park dog. It does look rather fun, especially the video posted in the hound thread with greyhounds racing around the park and having fun.

I think more than anything its that I wish Akitas could be trusted off leash. I would love to see Meiko tear rear end through an entire field, Akitas run like little baby deer.

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD

Tristesse posted:

It's a corgi joke welcome to pet island where jokes happen based on breed characteristics. I wasn't actually questioning their heritage.

Also corgidor is the worst of the designer dog names.

The noble Corgidor..... yeah worst sounding designer mutt name ever.

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD

coyo7e posted:

I do not think a rescue dog is a good idea for a cat with 3 houses, you're begging for a disaster of epic proportions. There is no way you'll know how your cats will react to a dog, or how a potentially abused dog will react to the cats, or the utter chaos that may happen as soon as you bring it through the front door.

There is this wonderful little thing called foster homes. You see, when a dog gets rescued, the rescue puts him in an actual temporary home where he lives with other animals and people daily - for months or years until he is adopted. By then the rescue knows pretty accurately what the animal is like.

There are also these amazing things called visiting and trial adoptions where the OP can bring their pets and the potential dog together to see how they fit, or take a week with the dog in their home and see how it goes.

Also, labeling rescues in generally as potentially abused dogs does a huge disservice to rescue. The majority of animals in rescue situations are owner surrenders where the only reason the animal is in rescue is because the owner could not afford the dog, lost their job, lost their home, etc.

• Locked thread