Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Eff Jay posted:

So insanely cute! I didn't see a puppy name?

Snaps, Snaps Von Hopps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Tristesse posted:

What breeder/ rescue did you go with? Very cute.

They're both from Pecan Valley. The puppies on the site are her and her siblings. (One of her brothers is going to Alaska :3:.) The older dog, Allison, came from there as well. She belongs to our roommates (also goons), who got her for free since her litter was an accident.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Eff Jay posted:

Haha, I did the laser pointers with Frank but he started obessessing completely. Like searching the house for it when it was turned off. I just ended up feeling terrible to see him search for it, but man it was hilarious!

I'm glad our Snaps isn't that bad. She'll keep looking for a few minutes after we stop, but that is just sad. I guess he kept himself entertained though.

We're having to segregate Allison and Snaps for now. Snaps got spayed yesterday and she'a acting like it never happened. Which is good since she isn't messing with it and doesn't seem to be in any pain, but she wants to play like they normally do. A little too rough and tumble for a lady with stitches on her belly.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
Speaking of beds, I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out. For the last couple of months Snaps has had the cat bed pictured below. She's been packing on the pounds and has nearly outgrown it. The cushion she's laying on came with the bed, though now she keeps pulling it out because she and it can't both fit. Snaps really loves that bed and I would like to find something to replace it.

Also, Snaps and Allison spend a lot of time in that area and the carpet shows it. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. vacuuming:ssh:

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Original Gamer posted:

What about these people: http://www.celestialstarkennel.com/

I've been wanting to own a corgi for some time, and this is one of the only breeders I can find in Florida. So just based on the site, would you say they are reputable? Thanks.

If you're willing to a bit of driving, you might look into this breeder. They're outside of Huntsville, Alabama, and from what I've read on their website, they seem on the up and up. They even have both Cardigans and Pembrokes.
I mean just look at this dog:

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

londerwost posted:

Josie has a thing for zippers since she was a little puppy. Even at 8 months, she decides that zippers need to be removed from the fabric. She ruined one of her best pillows just the other day after she'd been sleeping on it for months. I guess she was like "o HEY!" and went to town. I gotta figure out how to break her of that because I like my jackets and zip hoodies.

We've never really had an issue with Snaps chewing on things she shouldn't, but last week she took exception to her pillow. She had also been sleeping on the thing for months before she decided the zipper had to go. It had both an inner and an outer zipper and she destroyed both. It wouldn't have been nearly so bad had she not also EATEN parts of them.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Ringo Star Get posted:

Stuff!

What brand is that life jacket? I really like the head support on it.

Also he is adorable :3:

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Ringo Star Get posted:

I'll have to look next time I bring it out sometime this weekend, its durable enough to carry him around like a briefcase with the handle on it.

Thanks in advance :)

Also, check these chill dogs

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

noelcat posted:

Those aren't real dogs, they're stuffed animals :colbert:

You got me :( We won the little one from a crane game and the big one is a prize form a midway game.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

KnightLight posted:

Does every corgi owner have one of those beds? I seem to be seeing a lot of them in assorted corgi pics.

As far as I can recall, it's only them and Ace that have that bed. But I have a mempry that is not sogood.

Also, this is most definitely not Snaps's (the tri) favorite bed - she has one of those cat domes that she absolutely loves and has unfortunately just grown out of.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

noelcat posted:

Cable's getting ready to go to See Spot Splash, sponsored by our local humane society.

They're having something similar here the 17th of October. We just got a waterproof camera too :3:

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

warwick5s posted:

let me show you them

The one in the couch :3:

Also, content:

Note: Snaps is a girl and that is not a penis. It is a belly button fur tuft :colbert:

Edit: Laser pointer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgSw3YJjfno

lu lu lu fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 3, 2009

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9YZpZAyU0g

Allison loves sucking head.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

elf pr0n posted:

My dog is an anime super star

I didn't realize they had fat anime characters. The more you know.

But really I like that picture and your dog :)

I can't say anything cause my dog recently plumped up.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

noelcat posted:

Balls

NWS that poo poo.

These are a bit old, but I like them :3:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
Snaps is a wee corgi. She is 9 1/2 months right now and she just recently hit 16 pounds. She was a runt to begin with, and pretty much refused to eat when she was teething. On top of that she is a terrible eater; we pretty much have to hand feed her. I joke that we must have bought the vet a jet ski by now with as many times as we've taken her in our worrying.

On the plus side, our vet was able to catch it when she got a tick disease. The meds made her really hungry so she actually ate her food. And anything else she could get her mouth on. She is back to being a butt about food. Vet says as far as she can tell Snaps is just a butt.

We met her half-brother at training a few weeks ago. He was also small and his lady said that he had been a picky eater till he was about 1 1/2 yrs old, and that their father tended to make small dogs.

tldr; Snaps is a forever puppy. Also a butt.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
I hear Miss Josie had a birthday :3:

Also, unless something terrible happens, Snaps, the husband, and I will be in Seattle for permanent on the 29th. Just in time for a parade.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
Halloween Pictures

I am stupid and forgot my camera, but other people had theirs.

We should definitely have a Seattle area Corgoon get together sometime.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

xboobookittifkxx posted:

Which one of these dogs are yours? I know a few people off of a different forum. Quidditch & Fiona to be exact.

I love the bunch of bananas though.

Mine is the bee.

That little pineapple is really adorable :3:

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
^^^ What is his/her name? My dog doesn't really like water much; even with motivation she doesn't like it when it starts to hit her belly.

Also, somebody got herself a new collar

Click here for the full 2000x1500 image.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Ozz81 posted:

Can't wait to move into a new place that allows pets :3:

Pets is right. Because you will never be satisfied with just the one corgi. They are like tattoos. Or potato chips. Right now we are working to build up our Oh poo poo fund, and as soon as we have that we are going to start looking for an adult corgi. Hopefully he will be a better example of the breed than this runty butt we have now :3:

lu lu lu fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 31, 2009

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

anachrodragon posted:

I like to call it The Corgi Conspiracy. Once you get one, that one underhandedly convinces you to get another one. My husband and I are resisting for now. We have a small house and three pets already... but drat I can feel myself being tempted.

You can borrow mine if you want :toot:

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

chrome taco posted:

That is a Pembroke, right? The big ears and all. I've just opened up a savings account especially for Corgi money :v:

I joke with my husband that we should all get together and arrange a goon-only litter.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

amishsexpot posted:

Thanks, guys!

Beanie hasn't mastered "drop it" yet, but I haven't tried the "treat for the toy" trick -- sounds like a plan! I definitely, DEFINITELY have a problem with the "I'm gonna play keep away" game with her, too, so hopefully that will help that as well. I'm excited!

It was actually kind of a pain to teach Snaps to fetch. She would much rather chase the other dog than whatever is thrown, and she had a doggy roommate for the first 7 or so months we had her. When I finally got around to teaching her to "give", I had already unintentionally taught her that me getting out treats meant for her to be right beside me doing a certain set of commands (sit, stand, down, speak, and circus). It's hard to teach "give" when she has already dropped in for the promise of treats. I ended up getting one of these and putting treats in it ahead of time. Whenever she brought it to me she would get a treat out of it.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
I don't think Snaps ever notices when she farts, but she is always really confused when the vet messes with her butt.

On another note, look at this handsome gentleman:

Pictures courtesy of the breeder Link.

We are thinking of calling him Pip.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

anachrodragon posted:

Holy poo poo! I looked at him on the C-Myste website a few days ago, and thought he was a really handsome pup. He and Josie are cousins (or something).

Congrats on the new baby! :3:

Thank you!

He may be very distantly related to Snaps as well since there is a Pecan Valley lady up his tree.

His flight gets in at 2p on Friday and I can't wait. I think he is already almost as big as Snaps.

We really need to get together again. Maybe Norm's? Or something.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJPdLd8rzU

Alamo aka Pip.

He is very very affectionate :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnu2zewaafs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN0PdQYKIBY

lu lu lu fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 27, 2010

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

White1ce posted:

I have nothing to contribute to this thread except some pictures I took at the dog park today, I think the last picture should be in the original post.

It is poo poo like this that really pisses me off. Who do you think you are to come into this thread and belittle some adorable corgi pictures. Cause that is a wonderful contribution to this thread :3: It's always nice to see a tri-pem. Eyebrows!

That right there is what me and mine refer to as "bologna moufin'".

How do you get such nice photos? Do you have a nice camera or what? Most of my corgi pictures are blurry.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Yo, imma blob posted:

Okay, sorry if this is a derail but it bothers me every time I open this thread-- wtf is with the eyes in that photo? They look MSpainted.

streetlamp posted:

Its some terrible anti redeye filter probably

Pretty much. I think his red-eye filter was broken and he tried to remove it manually.

He has one blue eye and the other is half brown half blue. This picture does not do the color justice. They are beautiful.

Edit: streetlamp, I think all corgis hate the banana hat. Last Halloween we met up with a number of other corgis and their people and did a costumed walk at a city park. There were a lot of bananas. At the end there were a lot of people carrying banana hats.

lu lu lu fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 8, 2010

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Izlude17 posted:

Some videos of my little rascal.

How old is she?

As soon as it gets a little warmer here in Seattle, I'm getting some of these bubbles.

New Puppy Party represent :iamafag: And then cry quietly to yourself because it is 4 in the morning and someone has to pee.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
I think Pip might hate foreign languages. So far he has taken exception to Japanese, Swedish, and German Shepard.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

RabbitMage posted:

I forgot to update! Corgi is now named Ellie. She's adapting excellently to our home. She was spayed last week and healing very well.

She's also the anti-Corgi. She's eating, but not finishing everything we give her. She doesn't really care about treats. She prefers to lay around and be a Corgi-rug rather than do Corgi things, and I have not heard her bark. Not. Even. Once.

Is my Corgi broken?

I don't know that I would worry too much about her not finishing her food. Our vet told us that the feeding guideline on the kibble bags are generally overestimations. As for treats, if she might just already be full. Or you just haven't found something she particularly cares for yet. Take this with a grain of salt because Snaps is a fully grown 17 lb forever puppy.

My older Corgi is an uncertified bark therapist with wonderful references. Her fees are very reasonable if you are interested. She also plays Scrabble.
P.S. It turns out I look like a dumbass when I am thinking about words.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Magic Hate Ball posted:

From the Corgi thread:

I think you meant to put this in the Quotes thread :)

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

lu lu lu posted:

Snaps has lost her size advantage. Now all she's got is the ability to get onto the bed and couch.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
A herd of Corgis at the beach. They have gotten much better pictures of my dogs than I ever do and I am jealous.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
Look at me postin' all in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrJQNmyROow

You know Snaps has The Crazy because of the tail position :colbert: and I guess Pip squeaks or something.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

The Dave posted:

I think every Corgi owner in this thread fears the idea of leaving their Corgi free to run around the house while no one is home...

I don't think I would have to worry about Snaps for this, but oh god Pip. He has taken all the usual rear end in a top hat puppy behaviors and instead of doing them, devotes all that energy into eating stuff he knows he isn't supposed to. I need a new laptop charger because he managed to chew through the cord from INSIDE the crate.

P.S. Make sure you always have hydrogen peroxide in the house.

What is the verdict on dogs sharing a crate? Pip probably going to outgrow the travel kennel we've been using, and Snaps's crate is more than big enough for the both of them. Is it cool as long as they get along well, or should they each have their own space?

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

tronik posted:

It's starting to get pretty warm here in FL. Got a plastic swimming pool for Rose and Zane to cool off in.

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Fact: Tan pointed merle is the best color.

Also, more Cardigans :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

anachrodragon posted:

Yeah, I told them that I would wind up with 1000 pictures of butts, and only like one or two good shots... maybe...

Also, I think Pip is growing up to be a very distinguished and handsome fellow. I love this picture:

Do not be fooled. He only looks like a classy gentleman. Really, he's kind of a creeper.

• Locked thread