Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Our corgi Thor crashing out. He's mildly annoyed by the camera flash. He is such a good dog when he's not being a puppy :derp: We also have a dachsador, and she has taught him a ton. I'm pretty sure she's done most of the work on house training him. He is so smart and picks up on things so quickly. He's ticking over into 6 months old, and loving the frozen washcloth we give him to ease his teething woes. Also, Gatorade caps.

He can be a rambunctious son of a bitch (see: puppy) but goddamn if he can't also be one of the sweetest pups I have ever known. He's got a big (and expandable) playpen to keep him out of trouble during the day when my wife and I are at work, or when he's being particularly bitchy, but whenever we're home he generally gets to have his way with our downstairs.

Not that we're obsessed with him or anything, but I have more pictures of Thor and our dachsador (mostly Thor) than my coworker has of his human baby :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

umalt posted:

Post the dac', preferably pics with Thor in them too to keep them on topic, but nonetheless post pics of him.

Be careful what you wish for!

They're both pretty active and not fond of posing for the camera, so I have to take a lot of pictures unnoticed if I want them to turn out. This is an assortment taken over the last month or so. Betsey tends to be part big sister, part mother, and part partner in crime, depending on her mood and the day.

First, her face, as the rest of the pictures don't really have it for the above reasons:

A random assortment of Thor and Betsey:

And probably my favorite solo picture of Thor to date:

...I'll stop flooding now.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks! We were originally trying for a pure red/white, but now that we have Thor we are so happy that he's a tri. His ears and his eyebrows are probably our favorite part of his coloration.

Oh geez, he looks like he wants to jump out of my monitor and lick my face. That is a whole lot of cute in a small package!

Suzaku fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 23, 2014

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Lava posted:

We went to a professional photographer with Merry, she's ridiculously photogenic when she's not rolling around in something gross.

I love her coloring and that expression just screams "I WUV UUUUUUU!"

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

umalt posted:

Thank you!

...puppie besties... :kimchi:

Indeed! And you're welcome!

Sleeping corgi is cutest corgi :3:

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Corgi moods!

Happy Thor:

Cranky Thor:

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

I think he just kissed me through the monitor :3:

Side question: Do anyone else's corgis like to shove their tongues into every facial orifice and roto-root them? Thor is very serious about that.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Mr.Citrus posted:

Arya has a special move my wife and I refer to as the "suction cup". She licks your face till you close your mouth then goes for nose licks, invariably you will breath in with your nose while corg tongue is being applied.

This is exactly what Thor does. After he's done with our ears.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

hendersa posted:

So... does anyone else have a Corgi that enjoys looking at the TV?

Thor does, and then he gets really mad when someone rings a doorbell.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Nobnob posted:

Stopped posting here since over a year ago my corgi girl Indra passed away and I wasn't feeling like it's time for a new corgi, or any dog for a long while since I was barely able to handle her loss.
However, my dad stepped in and said gently caress off, look what I have here! Introducing Alwyn.

That was him getting a first impression of my camera, at the age of ~four weeks.
He's now at the age of 6 months and still impressed of that camera:

He's currently into trying to eat things that aren't edible and being majorly scared of things that may or may not move.
Sadly he is not living with me, but I'm meeting him a few days a week, so that's something. Afterall, a life without a corgi is possible, but also pointless.

He's so cute!

To a corgi, all things are edible. Even the plastic screwcap on a puzzle toy. Dang it, Thorgi!

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
We feed our corgi Blue Buffalo grain-free and he's not generally gassy. Every now and then he did kick in the afterburners running up the stairs, though.

Good on you rescuing a stray. I can't believe someone let that happen to a corgi!

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Thor turns three in a couple of weeks and he's around 28-30 lbs. The food we fed him was higher in calories than we exercised out of him so his weight was ballooning, so we moved him over to Blue Buffalo Freedom healthy weight. He gets half a cup on the morning and a whole cup at night. The vet is really happy with his weight. He's also on the smaller side, so your mileage may vary. Also depends on how much exercise Count gets.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Skeezy posted:

Seems like Count may have an allergy to something. He's been really itchy a lot lately and the Benadryl hasn't done much of anything to help so the vets put him on Apoquel to help. In addition to that we're going to move him from eating chicken to now eating fish/sweet potato.

He's going to start the meds tonight. Got a good feeling about it.

Edit: Had 3 people at the Pet Supermarket ask Count if he ran away from the Queen so I guess that's going to be a thing now. I wasn't ready for it.

You could also try lamb. That can help with allergies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

She is learning to put up with her sister, but all her interactions are still supervised. She is a tiny pup but she is already growing :3

I am curious, what did everyone feed their corgi pupper? We're feeding her science diet for puppies, it seems well received but I am sure someone will tell me I'm an idiot for feeding her that garbage.

We feed Thor Blue Buffalo grain free. If your puppy isn't really active it can take a little bit to dial in the serving size, though.

• Locked thread