Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is it at all possible to get a pembroke that hasn't had its tail docked by a legitimate breeder? I've spoken to a few breeders and none of them will not dock the animal, it seems so senseless to a non-working corgi. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Cat Hatter posted:

Most pembrokes are docked by mother nature before they're born, although sometimes they'll have a longer stump. Where are you finding all these pembrokes with tails?

I've seen quite a few from here and there! I realize some pembrokes blood line does have a naturally docked or stumped tail but lots can still have full normal tails! Either way, I'd want the pup to not have his tail removed, whether that means he naturally doesn't have one or has a stump is all fine by me.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

So I have always wanted to own a corgi, but I always told myself I'd wait to buy a house first. Well in the current market its still way smarter for me to continue to rent. My question is, how tenable is it to raise a puppy in an apartment? I'm adjacent to a park for walks, and would do so at every opportunity but I just feel like its a bad enviornment.

The other thing is both me and my partner work, so I am not sure how we would tend to the needs of a puppy if we're both gone for 8 hours a day. Has anyone dealt with this struggle, or have any advice?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I Might Be Adam posted:

My wife and I were in the same position. Kept waiting until we got a house and that never happened. We went ahead and got our corgi while in an apartment. It wasn't the easiest but we managed but then again, Panda wasn't difficult to deal with when it came to barking. Having family that she could stay with for mini vacations was also helpful. Probably totally depends on the dog and owner.

Alright thanks, now onto the long and seemingly impossible task of finding a corgi puppy wihtin the next few months.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

How much should a corgi puppy be fed. We just brought her home. I keep hearing 2 cups, so I would assume one in the morning and one at night right?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Thanks guys. The food we got her has good instructions so we're gonna follow that till her vet appointment later this week. Trying really hard to name her but its so hard to come up with a name you love!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

We're thinking Kaiju since we can call her kai and juju as nicknames and Kaiju translates literally to"strange beast". I also think it sounds pretty but I'm a terrible weeb after all.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Corg'th'lhu Dog'Corgthoff, Barking Death of Worlds.

Fall back name for sure

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Can anyone recommend a good chew toy that is more... like papery? I feel like that is a bad and terrible thing to give a puppy but I'm wondering if there is a smart safe alternative. She really likes things that have crunch/tear to them. Like a paper ball and what not only obviously she cannot have that.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

.Z. posted:

Have you tried crinkler toys?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSJFPQK/

Or water bottle toys? Ones where you put an empty water bottle into it so the dog can crush, crunch, and chew it to destruction.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KKUVUGW/

We ended up getting her a crinkle octopus, thanks for the suggestion, I had no idea those types of toys existed for dogs

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Sir Tonk posted:

Time for another sad post.

Igby died this morning, he was probably fourteen. (got him twelve years ago at the SPCA, they didn't know his age). I typed up a eulogy if anyone wants to read it.

He seemed like such a good boy. I would be interested to read a eulogy about such a good boy.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

She is learning to put up with her sister, but all her interactions are still supervised. She is a tiny pup but she is already growing :3

I am curious, what did everyone feed their corgi pupper? We're feeding her science diet for puppies, it seems well received but I am sure someone will tell me I'm an idiot for feeding her that garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I.C. posted:

Do Corgies have eye problems? Like rapid sudden onset macular degeneration or something?

My corgi has some issues with her tears, they don't run into her nose like they should so she has weepy eyes. Apparently its pretty common. I know that's different than what you said but its all I know in terms of corgi eyes.

• Locked thread