Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My boyfriend bought me a forums account so we could spend more time together. On the internet.

lu lu lu posted:

They're both from Pecan Valley. The puppies on the site are her and her siblings. (One of her brothers is going to Alaska :3:.) The older dog, Allison, came from there as well. She belongs to our roommates (also goons), who got her for free since her litter was an accident.

She was free because of the combination of the financial situation of the breeder, the fact that she has too much white in her markings, and that she was an accident litter. Please don't contact Pecan Valley asking for free corgis, it was a one-time deal.

Allison Bidoof is going to have to get used to being an older sister. Alli's dad is Draco. Also, she's spoiled:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

It doesn't really get that cold here, but she has a sweet jacket.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

She wore this dress for her Christmas photo this year, but I can't seem to find a copy of that! I'll have to scan the hard copy we have again. :3:

TheLoveliestRedhead fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My boyfriend bought me a forums account so we could spend more time together. On the internet.

pioneermax posted:

I have a ragdoll, she leaves clumps of fur on everything and in everything so im not overally bothered and yes i do know its just dog fur im just a bit suprised at the amount he sheds compared to the other dogs ive had and was asking for methods to handle it.

I have sticky rollers, again bella does more damage than he does on clothes, merlin just covers my sofa and the occasional corgi tumble weed (we have wood flooring). I brush him with a wire brush and keep baths to once a month, hes getting his adult coat at the moment so im guessing thats why hes covering my sofa.

Nothing's going to stop blow-off season, but I did see some improvement after giving Allison some fish oil and garlic/yeast tabs. Made her shinier, less dry skin, and less shedding. :3: That said, she still sheds more than any other dog I've ever had. It's just better than it was.

Vacuuming and Swiffering is still necessary constantly. Black hair on white carpet, ugh.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My parents got a new dog! Meet Ginger Snap!

Click here for the full 824x620 image.

They actually found her running around a local park and took her home to find her owners. The owners found her via the newspaper a few days later, but asked my parents if they would like to keep her. Umm... YEAH! So, my parents have an adult (6 years old, if I remember correctly) Pembroke in addition to their Cardigan!

Click here for the full 824x620 image.

This is Allison (bottom, previously posted) and Cadbury (top, my parent's dog). They share the same dad, and were born about a month apart (Allison was an accident litter...)

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

joozy posted:

moms looking for a corgi in the so cal area. i checked the breeder page in the OP and they are too far away and it doesnt look like there is any availability. does anyone know of any good breeders in the socal burbank/glendale area? im willing to drive!

I'll just tell you right now, Cardigans are where it's at.

I mean, look at this girl:

daww

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

Snuphaluphagus posted:

Kind of got a :downs: look to her, doesn't she?

:mad:

She heard you, you know.

TheLoveliestRedhead fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 30, 2009

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

Snuphaluphagus posted:

That is an F-U face if I ever saw one... must have been a bad angle on the last pic.

She was being majestic in the first pic.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

notsoape posted:

If you breed a litter, the people who receive the puppies are 'buying them' not adopting them. Hope this helps.

Unless you actually use your corgis for herding livestock on a daily basis, and sell puppies to people who also use the dogs for a working purpose, you and your family are big ol' bybs. Congratulations on contributing to the pet over population problem. Have your corgis been hip/knee/eye tested? I'm guessing not!

Also; for a bitch to have had 'several litters' by the time she's 4 is loving gross. Spay your poor bitch.

Edit: Oh awesome that quote from the PI faq doesn't mention working ability at all, and is full of misinformation as to what a Champion title actually means. Nice.

Thank you. Now that they've been chastised, let's try not to turn the corgi thread into a flamewar.

Also, the FAQ is a community effort, so if you feel that there is misinformation on there, I'm sure if you submitted suggestions to the right person, they would be incorporated.

OH MAN, IT'S THE GIRLS!

Click here for the full 684x912 image.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

notsoape posted:

There is already a bookmarked post for people to post pictures of their pets with no discussion. If somebody wants to brag about their lousy breeding practices in the rest of the forum, they should be prepared to encounter some criticism/discussion about it. If not, then they are dumb and didn't read the faq.

Look at the bunny thread, rat thread, pibble thread etc. If somebody posts in those threads and reveal their lovely husbandry regarding bunnies/rats/pibbles, they are called out on it. Often by more than one person! It doesn't stop those threads from also featuring cute pictures of bunnies, rats and pit bulls.

Yup. And that's why I thanked you. My parents are now the owners of a 6 year old female Pembroke that had at least 6 litters, where the BYB got rid of her for "not being a good mother." God, I wouldn't have either, if all I was used for was a baby factory! I understand that these people need to be told that what they're doing is wrong. I just didn't want that to be all that went on in this thread, since I appreciate seeing pictures of the other corgis and hearing about them. If you would read the thread, you would notice that the thread is a lot of pictures, but it also is a place for corgi-specific advice. I appreciate having a place where I can speak with other corgi owners about the problems/craziness inherent to the breed.

No hard feelings, please. :glomp:

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

elf pr0n posted:

:colbert:

Yeah, she's a lot skinnier now.

I don't think anyone had commented on this. I love this picture. It has an artsy feel to it.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
Allison and Snaps are just nuisances at the park, teaming up against one dog at a time to herd it around. Some don't mind and will start running so they have to chase him, but others run for their owners.

It's cute and it seems most owners don't mind, but Snaps can be awfully noisy.

Also: Allison loves swimming in the troughs of water they have :3:

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
I just found some videos from when Allison was a puppy that I had uploaded to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii55uDkabrk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG96QRMIZYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qtFyKuWMHQ

:3: Puppy cuteness. :3:

TheLoveliestRedhead fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 9, 2009

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

Pooptron2003 posted:

I am in LOVE with the markings on your dog. LOVE.

Thank you :3: I'm rather fond of her random spots, as well.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

RazorBunny posted:

Apologies for the double post.

We went on a walk tonight through our neighborhood and went past one house that had SIX corgis in the yard. I'm hoping some of them were visiting or something, because I cannot imagine having more than two or three of them in one household without the whole place imploding from puppy insanity.

I'll admit, though, I was sad that their fenced-in area was so far back from the sidewalk. I would have loved to get some pets in, but I felt weird walking up their driveway to do it.

I was thinking you saw my parents' yard, but there were only 4 corgis (3 Cardigans, 1 Pembroke), a Chihuahua, and a Pomeranian in there, and it wasn't today, so...

They have half an acre, so when we bring two Cardigans over, they have plenty of space to play. :)

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

Cellular Suicide posted:

Meet Denny Crane, the most smug bastard on the planet.

Him at 8 weeks

Best name for a dog ever.

Allison just went to town on the dregs of the yogurt.

Click here for the full 912x684 image.

Man, she loves those things.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

Tunnelman posted:

Here's one of our two corgis. :3: His name is Tucker, took this photo a while back for a Christmas gift to give to my sister as she's the one who originally picked him out. His favorite hiding spot is a cubby hole in our laundry room.

Sorry to de-rail a little, but does that by any chance refer to Tee Tucker from the Mrs. Murphy Mystery books by Rita Mae Brown? If not, just forget I asked. (They're adorable books with a cat and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi solving mysteries...)

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

The Dave posted:

I really want to get Taziki to become good with frisbees as she gets older but right now she just has her baby brain and doesn't think to catch it in air. Odd because she loves to jump to get toys so maybe she'll put the two together eventually.

She also had her first day at the park and after an hour and a half is passsssed out on my bed. Wish I took some pics or videos there but was too busy.

I would love to get to a point where I could unleash her at a park and not be worried but I don't think I can get over my own personal anxiety. Anyone have any experience with this? My girlfriend has two Shitzus who are perfect off leash but I think I'm way too much of a nervous Nelly. (And obviously I wouldn't do it if I didn't think the dog would be controllable off leash. She's pretty good with coming back to her name and always looks for me when she gets a lead but she's still very easily distracted.)

I was super-paranoid about letting my corgi off-leash at first, but I just stepped her into it. At first it was in the small dogs pen that is rarely used, then on-leash in the big area, then off leash but keeping her close by with commands, and now we just let her do whatever. She usually just ends up going straight for the water, go figure.

By the way, the stepping-down was all for my benefit, I think Allison would've done just fine from the get-go.

Bonus pic of corgi eating yogurt:

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

lu lu lu posted:

I don't think I would have to worry about Snaps for this, but oh god Pip. He has taken all the usual rear end in a top hat puppy behaviors and instead of doing them, devotes all that energy into eating stuff he knows he isn't supposed to. I need a new laptop charger because he managed to chew through the cord from INSIDE the crate.

P.S. Make sure you always have hydrogen peroxide in the house.

What is the verdict on dogs sharing a crate? Pip probably going to outgrow the travel kennel we've been using, and Snaps's crate is more than big enough for the both of them. Is it cool as long as they get along well, or should they each have their own space?

When Allison is being baby-sat at my parents, they put their cardigan and pembroke in the same cage with Allison for bedtime. (I know you have the same size cage as me, so :)) 3 corgis in that cage together, not killing one another, so I would think it would be cool for Snaps and Pip to be together. I don't know, though, since the 3 corgis were just in there for the night, when they're worn out from patrolling the yard all day, and they're all grown.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
Allison's birthday was celebrated at the dog park a few weekends back :3

She loves the cattle troughs they have. Don't believe the stink-eye she's giving, she jumped in there herself.

She also likes to pretend she's as tall as the Great Danes by standing on this old tree.

Classy lady stands on the bench.

What birthday party would be complete without friends? This is my sister's boxer puppy, Jack. (It's a girl; she worked at a vet clinic that she got her from at 3 days old, which is why the tail is not docked and she has floppy ears, which I LOVE!)

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
Due to my youngest sister having her wedding in my parents' backyard next weekend, we're taking care of their 3 dogs until then so they can clean up the yard. Since, you know, that's the dogs' bathroom...

They've taken over the living room! On the floor is Dusty the Pomeranian, the two Cardigans are (my dog) Allison and Cadbury, and the Pembroke is Ginger.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Best of Friends.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

I think Allison was jealous of all the camera time Cadbury was getting.

Ginger claimed her own recliner. :3:

And poor Dusty doesn't get a chair. :(

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
During the week of dog-sitting, my parents heavily hinted that they would be happy if Ginger found herself liking our house. So, we did what anyone would do in such a situation, took her as our own. :3

We have re-dubbed her Gingerby Wigglebottom. A fitting name, I think.

Ginger seems happy about the arrangement.

She pretty much just plays lookout for squirrels, rabbits, etc. from the porch. If any neighbors come out or she sees wildlife, though, you'd be surprised how fast she can get down those stairs.

Allison likes the arrangement.

Overall, Ginger's just a pretty chill dog.

Yup, a pretty chill dog.

Bonus Allison-in-baby-pool picture!

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

emoltra posted:

Found this wallpaper on FreddieW.com :3:

Click here for the full 1920x1080 image.

LOVE IT! The scale is great, making it look like quite a feat of jumping might, until you see that the hurdle is on the lowest peg. :3:

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

kitchen posted:

This is my new corgi Stiffler. I got him from B.A.R.K rescue in simi valley. I've had him for about 3 weeks!

The tongue of doom!:

Click here for the full 1024x684 image.

Full set of pics is up on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/guillemot/sets/72157624085304369/

He's such an awesome dog, and the rescue lady mentioned that he was out trying to herd her horses one day so she thinks he has the instinct! This makes me happy as one of the reasons I wanted a corgi was because I saw some herding videos on the youtubes and it looks like the dog is having so much fun!

Anywho, I'm completely retarded for him and the rescue lady seems to think he's pretty happy here, so he's officially mine now! yay!

Aww, congrats. He's adorable. :3:

Also: I went through your flickr, and totally think you should make your dog a myspace page for the purpose of having a place to put that emo picture (after putting it through a black and white filter and adding an appropriate quote).

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc6pCymlL9o

Let me know if the video doesn't work, I've never tried the "unlisted" option before.

The dogs had a playdate at my parents' during Labor Day weekend. Much fun was had.

The white-headed one barking after the ball is Cadbury (my dad's) the one who made a bee-line for the pool is Allison.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

mdemone posted:

And this is the game she and Albie have invented, but I'm still trying to think of a good name for it. it seems to be totally voluntary in every aspect; she doesn't want to catch him and he's not really trying to get away, although he gets more and more agitated as the number of laps increases. My favorite part is the direction changing, which is always due to Laika wising up and not Albie (who is smart but has no sense):
Coffee Table 500

Cutest. Game. Ever. All my dogs do is boring, old tug-of-war. I wish they were smart enough to make up a game.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

PeetsZahut posted:

So I've been so caught up in Corgi that I haven't had a chance to post the newest little creature to my family.

Introducing Winston Furchill:

I love that name. :3:

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

I love forcing my dogs into uncomfortable situations. Santa was a trooper, his pants looked like they had been peed on that day already.

No, we didn't find a random Santa, CARE for animals (an Arkansas rescue organization) puts on a picture session for fundraising every year. :3: They also call their December neuter clinic "Jingle Balls." I just generally love them.

Any other Central Arkansas goons should check them out. They're having another picture session this weekend! http://www.careforanimals.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

abaddonis posted:

Can anyone recommend a good pet insurance? Loki has been having some issues with vomiting and diarrhea. In exploring the cause of this, an X-ray showed his hips don't look the greatest. He has no issues right now, but he will down the road.

If I was looking for insurance, I'd start by asking my vet what he takes.

I don't really have any recommendations, but don't most boot-out claims for pre-existing conditions and high-likelihood illnesses that run in certain breeds?

:( I'm sorry Loki isn't doing well.

• Locked thread