Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Corgis like to chase cats, at least in my experience, and cats don't like being chased.

Igby just wants to play with them and the cats he spends time around eventually get used to it and they end up playing together, but that takes awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I wish had video of Igby playing with my friend's kitten.

She was probably a few months old and figured out how to hide in a box with the lid closed, pop up so Igby would notice her, then hide back in the box after swatting him with her paw. He'd get confused and wander off after a while, then the kitten would repeat the whole thing again. Probably went on for half an hour before I had to leave and was the cutest drat thing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Might be picking up this guy as a buddy for Igby, not sure what he's a mix of. Seems like maybe Corgi, Sheltie, and maybe Chow. Rescue place thought it was Chow and Corgi.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
He's pretty ridiculous, I'll get some better pictures tomorrow. Igby is trying to show he's a tough guy. Hoping they learn to be friends soon.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
A few photos from the past few days. Igby still doesn't like the new dog, but he seems to like Igby :3

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
:stare:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Took both to eat breakfast at a local place with dog meal options. New guy likes to bark at people he doesn't recognize, going to have to work on that. He scared the hell out of a few people walking by on the sidewalk.

Thankfully, he is content to sleep at the foot of the bed and not with his butt next to my face like Igby seems to always do by the end of the night.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah a military town is about the only place I could imagine seeing uncommon breeds at such numbers, lots of people moving to places where dogs may not be allowed. I've been looking for a corgi at our local shelters for years and never saw one that wasn't a weird mix after finding Igby back in 2005.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Y'all northerners don't have enough ranches, gotta move down south.

Crunch Bucket posted:

Anyone else's corgi spend half their life on their back? Because I swear this is how Dewey spends most of his days:

They all do that.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Fitz figured out he can hide under the bed.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Aww, that's a really nice post. Glad you had so much time together.

Igby is pushing twelve years, not sure how I'll handle him dying.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hope you guys have been well. Took my guys to the Westpark park a few weeks ago and there was an impromptu corgi gathering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggCQf9OCZ9E

that puppy was hilarious

Also, we found out that Fitz really likes water and Igby still doesn't.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

A.s.P. posted:

I may have missed this but what kind of dog is the brown fluffy one?

If you're talking this one:

He likes to hide under the bed

and watch cars drive by

That's Fitzgerald, got him a couple of years ago and he's a corgi mix of some sort. A chow chow rescue place in town had him for some reason.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cythereal posted:

This was posted in PYF. Corgi/??? crossbreed.

That's somehow both terrifying and adorable.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

sunaurus posted:

Quick question about corgi ears:

A few days after her first ear went up, the second one went up aswell. However, the first ear has kind of folded back down again, and isn't showing any signs of coming back up. Is this normal or should I be worried about it?

This is what it looks like now

:3:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
awwwwwwwwww

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Panda!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Here's Fitzgerald in his favorite spot. The groomer went kinda nuts and shaved him instead of just a trim, gonna be a few months before it all grows back.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Man, I haven't been down there in years. Should go before it gets hot again.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Millions posted:

She still eats poop occasionally, but corgs gonna corg.

This won't stop no matter how much you feed them.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Time for another sad post.

Igby died this morning, he was probably fourteen. (got him twelve years ago at the SPCA, they didn't know his age). I typed up a eulogy if anyone wants to read it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I Might Be Adam posted:

So sorry to hear about Igby. He seemed like a good boy. I'm glad to have met him.

Yeah I'm glad he got to meet Panda, that was a fun day.

Here's the doc if anyone wants to feel sad:

igby eulogy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That's from Saturday morning, he wasn't able to stand by the end of that day and laid by me on the couch until he stopped breathing the next morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Every group corgi video is amazing.

• Locked thread