Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Well I have been waiting for a Corgi thread and here it is! Time to show off my girls. I have a few pics for now and I will put some more up later when I remember.

The first Corgi me and the little lady got we named Jewel.

Jewel looking over the side of a boat on the lake.

Back in August or September(girlfriend will remember better than I) we got little Mia. Good picture of her sticking out her tongue.

Mia sleeping under the chase lounge(favorite spot for both dogs).

Both dogs like to sleep under this thing. My girl was taking pictures of them sleeping one day and Jewel being the attention whore she is, had to get right in front of the camera. Slowly inched her way towards the camera till we had this fine picture.

That's all for now. If I find any more good pictures I will throw them up. Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

noelcat posted:

Wow, corgis that hide and sleep away from people.

The younger one was kept in a cage a lot till we got her. It's taken awhile but shes finally starting to be less timid. Jewel on the other hand got socialized very well early on so shes a social butterfly.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Got a new puppy last week. It was going to the humane society so we decided to take her. Her name is Macie and she is a Corgi mixed with some kind of spaniel we think.

Here's little Macie!

Another close up.

All the corgis together!

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

anachrodragon posted:

Macie is super cute and she even sleeps just like Josie did when she was little. Here's Josie sleeping when she was about 10 weeks.

Oh my god that dog is adorable.

All three of them are waiting on me to take them out right now so I better get going!

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

anachrodragon posted:

Yeah Macie and Josie could almost be siblings given their sleeping positions and markings, down to the nose freckles even. Where did you get Macie from? You said she's not purebred Cardigan (and I guess her ears and snout might be a bit smaller), but drat if she doesn't look (and sleep) like a Cardi. :unsmith:

My girlfriends mother has a purebred Pembroke corgi male who mated with a spaniel mix. The rest of the puppies were really cute as well, and were given to a no-kill shelter. I'm sure they got adopted right away.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Tristesse posted:

That can send a confusing message to her.

We do the crate time out as well and your comments have caused me to reconsider. I had never thought about it like that but it makes absolute sense. We did at first try locking them in the bathroom when they were naughty but they would just end up clawing at where the door meets the floor and wrecking stuff. May have to give it another shot. Thanks for the good tips.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Winter pictures!

The girls pose for a picture.

Here comes the troops!

Picture taken while they were playing in the snow. Looks like they are going to kill each other.

Macie had to get her close up!

Those are just the 4 favorites I picked out of a larger series. They have been having a lot of fun in the snow. Most nights it's a little too cold for their paws to be playing very long, but during the day they will start playing in the snow and it is really cute.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

anachrodragon posted:

Yeah this. Is he crate trained? If not, this would be a good time to start. Our corgi is pretty well behaved, but I don't think I'd ever want to leave her roaming the house while we're away. There's just too much potential trouble for a bored dog to get into.

Engineer Lenk posted:

Why not crate him in the bedroom and leave the other dog out of the bedroom?

I'm gonna be a broken record here and stress how good of an idea this is. Corgis are pretty destructive if left alone. I found the bit about the hole in the wall funny because we had the crate too close to the wall once and ours ripped a hole in the wall through the bars.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Wonder Bra posted:

Oh my god this is so adorable. I am at work right now smiling like a stupid idiot.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

anachrodragon posted:

I cannot get over how much she look like our Macie. Macie is a corgi/spaniel mix. About the only difference is she has big floppy ears instead of ones that point straight up. The coloring is almost identical.

Wonder Bra posted:

Those corgi eyes make it too easy to fall into their trap when they look at you and say, "But... I'm Staaaarving!"

One of ours likes to push her bowl around when she thinks she needs more food. It's insanely cute.

ApexAftermath fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 21, 2011

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

The Dave posted:

Corgi Corps is amazing, however in that second video why is that woman making that poor fellow walk with a limp?

Yeah my wife and I noticed that last night too. You can see him limping in both of the first 2 videos for sure and he was limping pretty good. Shouldn't be making that poor pup walk on a limp like that. :smith:

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Wonder Bra posted:

WHERE DO I GET ONE?!?!

Here ya go.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Golden-i posted:

I think they're gonna do just fine :3:

Oh my god. This is too much cute in one place.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Looks like I'll be making a trip to the vet tomorrow. Our 7 year old Corgi in the last week and a half we've noticed is drinking a lot more water and having to pee more often. At first it didn't seem so out of the ordinary but it just kept on going, and now we're noticing she is acting kind of funny about walking on the linoleum floors and every so often she will drag one of her hind her legs momentarily if on a slippery surface.

As you can imagine my google searches on these symptoms have me absolutely paralyzed with anxiety and fearing the worst. Anyone else had this happen and what did it end up being? The leg stuff suggests some kind of ruptured disc from what I am reading, but the thirst stuff seems to point to kidneys. I'm just stressed the gently caress out right now and probably going to have a full anxiety attack at the vet tomorrow.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

HelloSailorSign posted:

Take a deep breath. Calm down. Have some alcohol or something.

This. I was at work at fretting at the time of that post, but have since returned home to a bottle of whiskey. Jewel is currently snuggled up with me on the couch while I watch some Game of Thrones and all is right in the universe for the moment. Thanks for the reassuring posts!

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

I thought I would give an update on what we found out at the vet. She was diagnosed with addison's disease. They kept her on an IV overnight since her electrolytes were low, but we have her back now. She will be on meds for the rest of her time now, but it appears this is pretty manageable so I'm just glad it wasn't anything worse. She is still pretty tired but should be back to her old self in no time from what the vet is saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

thylacine posted:

Welp I think my mom's dog Lucy is like 11 or 12 now. She has to take incontinence pills now because I started noticing her fur was wet in the morning. And she cant stand the antibiotics for her bladder infection so she's probably going to get a shot, then she probably has Addison's Disease, and that's why a lot of her fur didn't grow back evenly.

She seems perkier than ever though.

Just curious what the price range for these tests are in other places. Her blood test was $50, urine test $40. And the Addison's Disease test is going to be $190 (have to wait until the bladder infection is cleared)

Our girl has Addisons. She is around 9 right now. The worst part is the requirement that you have to periodically keep testing them to make sure the meds don't need to be adjusted and that gets pretty expensive. We were at least able to find a better deal on meds. A month supply was costing us around 100 and the vet hooked us up with their supplier. Now we get 2 months supply for 60.

I'd be curious to know if it actually is Addisons because in our case we either had to bring her in or she would have died for sure. Doesn't seem like a disease they can just limp along with.

• Locked thread