Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I loved the hell out of this game but there was one nasty flaw when I played.

Temple of the Three Winds

I loving hate this place. It is merciless and I was never able to level out of that god drat hellhole. It also dropped some of the best looking weapons of all [don't remember their names but one's a bluish dagger type and a giant loving red sword]

Is there ANY way I can level elsewhere besides this? Im even considering expansions due to wanting to play keeper or continuing adveturer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fewd posted:

If you're just looking for the quickest way to level up, I think my low level speedlist would go something like this:

(levels might be a bit off, can't remember that well)

1-7 RK newbie area
7-17 nascence up to crippler cave
18-25 nasc crippler cave
26-45 nasc swamp (malah area and dungeon for higher levels)
40-60 nasc heck noobing
61-90 ely mortiigs or spiders
Then start shooting rocks.

Thanks a bunch for this! Once I get accustomed to the game again I will give this a shot.

Speaking of training wheels. does anyone suggest expansions that I should get or should I just grab them all?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Nosthula posted:

If you do skip ToTW be sure to come back close to level 60 to farm all the items you may want from there.

drat straight! some of the loot there is really great from what I hear.

Asides from that. I was thinking of getting the Special offer which apparently gives all expansions for 10$ including a month for 15$. Does this mean each month is 25$ or is there something I'm overlooking?

I'd also like some some class suggestions for decent soloing. If anything I just might go back to Enforcer or Fixer.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Would a fixer get me far? I was told that a fr00b fixer won't go far due to item limitations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there some site that can help with assisting me in traveling places? I had a lot of problems trying to find the nascene area. I would also appreciate some help on where to put stats for my dude.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there some way/place I can get lowbie fixer nanos? Everytime fixer nano shop I find just has high rear end nanos which sell for like 80k+.

I only have 6k credits :geno:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Armadillos! posted:

As I have been helped, so too shall I help. Are you omni?

Neutral. No idea how I go omni as I haven't found one of those dudes.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Armadillos! posted:

You buy an omni clan application from a basic... bookstore, I think? If you do that, then come to rome, I can give you a some credits for nanos and stuff :)

That wont be necessary. I remember I had an alt from way back when and I just need to transfer funds/items

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Yeah I just transferred some carb gears and credits over to my dude. Now all I need to do is level up a bunch.

Also became Omni :toot:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fewd posted:

Remember to make yourself a NCU hacker interface. Buy a lockpick and a nano-programming interface from any store and mush them together with great vigor. Makes a nice leveling item.

Wiggity what? :confused:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fewd posted:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=158417

Starts at QL 1, you just click it every level and it levels up.

Thanks for this! It'll help me reach grid armor stats quicker!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Would I still be able to play my fixer if I stop my subscriptions of the expansions or choose to only be a Sl00b?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So apparently I can't play anymore cause it tells me it's not paid :confused:

I check my account on the site and it says the payment failed but whenever I try to enter the CCV/CVC number it just sits there and does nothing.

Am I doing it wrong or is this a firefox problem?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

readded my credit info in hopes if it registering my purchase so I can play again. Gonna wait 24 hours before I send another ticket.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

How would I go about having someone assist me in my payment? my info is correct as I can purchase steam games without problems so I know it's not a problem on my side. The status still says pending and the ticket I sent before was a generic "check your info" response.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fewd posted:

Tried deleting the payment option and remaking it in case you made a typo? Or try paypal instead?

deleted payment info and retried. if it doesn't work then im gonna try paypal even though I'd rather not use them.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fewd posted:

Same feelings about paypal, just wish they weren't so drat convenient way to move moneys around without handing credit card info all over.

Not sure if this keeps you away from their clutches but I choose to pay without logging in or adding a credit card to an account.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is ToTW still a thing? gently caress that dungeon. gently caress wanting all the cool loot that dropped off the big loving bosses in that shithole. gently caress all those cultist trains. gently caress all those cultist adds. gently caress all that noise. it's what literally stopped me from playing multiple times [started a sniper, quit and made a fixer [i think. those grid armor dudes who could make robo pets?. never got to use that neither.], quit him a bit after and then made an adventurer and played that as a subscribed member for a month before getting locked.

I'm thinking of playing again as a fr00b idiot just for the hell of it but i don't know what I want to make this time.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

uPen posted:

Just wait for the new engine to come out of beta.

:cawg:

I applied to the beta on a new account and it was successful. I guess I'm in the beta as well? don't know.

Anyways I just finished patching so I'm gonna play. I just need a class to play.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

Go NT. You won't regret it. You'll regret it.

Would I regret going trader or enforcer?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

Martial Artist

Yeah. As amazing as they might be, not swinging a giant weapon like a dumb oaf is a big drawback.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 11, 2013

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there just one server now? I can't find a server select anymore.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Alright well I made an atrox enforcer named Tummytums if anyone wants to add me. I'm probably gonna spend a while reading on guides and such before I waste my points on stupid things.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Thanks to some random guy, I went from level 23 to 49 in several hours. He also twinked me a ton and I have a guardian circuit board, 3 dark memories and 2 time loops on. Oh, and I also had a Stygian desolator put on me at level 30 :getin:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

killstealing posted:

If it was that doc or keeper or whatever, that's omah, you should join our organization in the future. It's pretty great. Dude has tons of alts and helped me get CM on at level 25 with obscure buff armor pieces.

Nah it was someone else whos alts were named Trialz and Handofblood. I haven't seen him on recently but now that I hit 60 it's time to see what I can do. I'm still unable to solo GoT or Lien by my own without buffs sadly.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

uPen posted:

Is 'new engine' code for 'we're going F2P' because gently caress paying $15 for this.

I hope so. Because being fr00b is kinda a pain.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I got my enforcer from 1-100 from subway, totw, to foremans. I never really did missions unless I was rolling for something specific and even dailies weren't really done until like level 90 when I realized they were a thing.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So all they've done in a million years was make things look a little bit better and nothing about balance or new content for froobs?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

When I was twinking all over ToTw, it was fun helping random people with poo poo they needed. I helped several dudes get their guardian belt and tank armor. Too bad I couldn't solo Nematet or Aztur well enough.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Conquistador posted:

Guys do you think this will impact the new engine release date

If we're lucky, we will get PS2 graphics in 2016 it's gonna be AWESOME!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Sadly.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

The reason twinking was so fun was because you needed a number of class buffs, knowledge of implants, and a few gears you had to get yourself because most of it was untradeable. I had so much fun getting my enforcer twinked out in top ToTW gear the moment he was able to even enter the place. I tried hard to get a Panther on him but i was a few points short at the end.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

ToTW was the worst loving dungeon and the only reason I was able to bypass it on my 5th+ char was because he got twinked. My agent, adventurer, fixer, medic, and crat all loving died to it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I thought playing an Agent would have been fun since I could change into other classes, then I realized that I needed their respective stats for their nanos and :stonk:

Dizz fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 13, 2015

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I think the reason Twinking was so fun was because it turned the game from a boring grindy MMO into a puzzle game where you set your own goals.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I really wish they either made a new AO game or beefed the gently caress out of this one and make it more froob friendly.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

What you guys are doing is HIGHLY illegal. can't you just wait for the new client?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

MrBims posted:

I did not miss running into Ran Roth Ur. 10 years later, still has the worst mob placement of any MMO ever made.

Edit: God drat it, got me again right after getting my skills back.

Hey someone was saying that your steam may have been Phished by some russian dude. I don't know the details but I figured this was the best way to contact you just incase something bad did happen.

Also last night I downloaded the installer and managed to delete it before anything bad happened.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I might actually reinstall this game this week to dick around and give goons whatever fortune i might have, make a new character, wonder why I'm playing this poo poo, and then uninstall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Neutral :geno:

• Locked thread