Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
In St Louis, my parents are looking to drop our family plan, so I need a new plan, either individual (preferred) or coordinating with my sister (kinda flaky with this stuff). I need a new phone and I'm thinking Moto X for the right size/power combo.

I usually use a couple hundred minutes and a couple hundred megs per month, would like 4g. Is there a consensus individual plan that isn't way, way pricier than family, or would I be stupid to go it alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Is it still possible to buy new flip phones for Sprint? Grandma needs a new antique, and all I can find through Google is used stuff.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Not sure, but no lie, my favorite flip phone ever was the Sanyo 3810. Worst case, buy one off eBay.

I worry that buying an old phone will mean a poor battery just due to age, even if it's "new".

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I think my Nexus 5 is dying; what's the closest equivalent nowadays? That is to say, anything with a 5" screen, good camera, clean up-to-date Android, and costs less than $400? Need GSM unlocked, but dual CDMA option would be nice bonus, if that's still relevant nowadays.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I'm afraid my phone might be crapping out on me. I have a Moto G6, preceded by a Google Nexus, so I'm looking for another phone in the 5.5", $2-300 range with a decent camera and as close to native Android as possible. ATT 4G plan.

PerniciousKnid fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 27, 2020

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

sourdough posted:

Good news, Pixel 4a just came out. Buy direct from Google for $349, or if there's some deal on it from your carrier or Best Buy or somewhere, that's good too. Also keep in mind the aspect ratio of phones has changed and bezels are a lot smaller, so the 5.8" display Pixel 4a is significantly smaller than your 5.7" display Moto G6.

Great!

I may also need to replace my wife's Moto e4, what's a good phone in the $150 range?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Its for work and I don't want goons to be my work consultants for free so my only question is if anyone knows where or whom I can take this scenario to as I don't even know where to start or how to fit that all into a google search

I would call the phone company and ask about their relevant services, assuming you have some kind of business account with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
My wife is thinking about replacing her Pixel 4a, what's the closest modern unlocked equivalent, i.e. similar size and good quality under $500? I assume anything today would have similar or better camera performance.