Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
My iPhone 11 is toast after letting my toddler learn how to plug the charger into it. She apparently thought it was a twist lock. I’m currently only able to use wireless charging on it which absolutely sucks.

Not a lot of money to go around right now and I’m not die-hard with the Apple platform.

The Pixel 7a is pretty cheap on Amazon ($399 Canadian). Would I be making a mistake here? I really don’t want to dump almost twice that into a new iPhone and I don’t use my phone much for anything beyond basic poo poo anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013

Samuel Glompers posted:

I'm in Canada, on Public Mobile, and I desperately want to get rid of my smart phone. My one desire is a full keyboard so I can at least reply to texts quickly, since I never was especially quick with T9.

That's proving to be a big challenge. I tried going back to a Nokia e71 but I didn't do my research thoroughly enough, turns out Canadian 3g infrastructure was canned in 2022 and with it any hope of using the li'l fella

Is there a qwerty feature phone / dumb phone that will still function in 2024? Praying someone can say yes

Unihertz Titan is basically the only option as far as I know. I don’t think the Android-flavoured BlackBerrys even work properly in Canada anymore.

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
There’s a whole Reddit group frothing at the mouth over QWERTY dumb phones. Unless you can use 3G there is absolutely nothing out there.

Just a bunch of group funded projects in concept phase that will more than likely go nowhere.