Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Watched 25 minutes of Dracula on Bluray. What a gorgeous film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The Girl With All The Gifts was solid. I didn't expect that ending.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Watched the original Halloween. Was dope. Was surprised by how active Myers is during the day and by the lack of gore.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Which Halloweens are worth watching? I've only seen the first and H2O, the latter of which I didn't care for at all.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The difference in quality between Friday The 13th 5 and 6 is ridiculous. A New Beginning is the only entry I've seen that I'd straight up call poo poo.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Exorcist III was loving crazy. It's a shame Dourif never had a chance to play the Joker.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Watched The Curse Of Frankenstein and The Devil Rides Out. Former was decent. Never seen Cushing play a villain and his acting was superb. The latter, however, was awesome. Shame Lee didn't get to play many heroic roles.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Basebf555 posted:

How in the hell did you watch The Devil Rides Out? Are you not in North America?

I've seen that actually and I'd just forgotten that Raimi directed it. Like most of Raimi's films, I think it was good but great. I feel the same way about The Frighteners, definitely entertaining but not quite good enough to be considered part of a discussion that includes guys like Carpenter and Cronenberg.

DVD off Ebay.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Basebf555 posted:

Mind if I ask how much you paid? I know the Region 1 version they have for sale on Amazon is selling for like $60 because I guess it's out of print.

About 50. Wish I could've watched the blu :(

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Quatermass And The Pit :wtc:

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The Tingler was fun. I wouldn't call it a classic.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
So I was watching REC and comparing it to The Blair Witch (original, not the abomination from the auteur behind Deathnote) where it's mostly "Hey this is cool I guess" but then the last 15 minutes happen and it totally matches the escalation and holy poo poo factor of Blair's climax. I was not expecting that to pop up. It made me forgive the sudden exposition dump and the obnoxious main actor.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
We Are Still Here was corny but cool.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Hot drat Cronos was better than I remember. Gonna watch The Devil's Backbone next.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Was about to shut off No One Lives when the reveal of Evans hiding in another persons loving body happened. That poo poo was so dumb it earned the film another 20 minutes. I regret those 20 minutes. Cheap looking and Evans has absolutely zero charisma.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Hollismason posted:

Welp, that's it I am completely out of films to watch. Pack it up folks.

I actually think it's the best film that WWE has made and really like it. It's different enough to warrant watching.

It is interesting, I just wish it looked better and they cast someone that isn't an utter charisma vacuum.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Hollismason posted:

Are you saying Luke " I'd beat up a old woman to drink his bathwater" Evans does not have charisma? That is a insane theory.

He's a good looking mofo but he's a slab of wood. He makes Keanu look like Denzel.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Ms 45 was something else. Like Death Wish, but not as boring as watching loving paint dry.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Black Sunday was cool and dripping with atmosphere but it felt like a long 1h20mins. I can't put my finger on why,

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I want to ask for the Discord but I don't feel I am cool enough and I don't have PM function :(

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I watched The Vanishing and The Horseman last night. The first really is a goddamn classic. I will never touch the remake.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Hollismason posted:

There are two horror films called The Horseman , one I believe is Australian and is a intense revenge film, and the other is a American film with Dennis Quad that is completely forgettable. Which one did you watch?

Australian. It was brutal.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I knew the ending also. I had it spoiled on the CHUD forums well over a decade ago. I wish I hadn't known.

Just finished Prince Of Darkness. Not great but it has some really cool poo poo in it. Still decent Carpenter.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Nah The Thing 2011 is bad and tragically uncool.

Vampyr on the other hand was dope as gently caress. I need to finally get around to Nosferatu.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Speaking of films that slap hard I just watched Cure, the Japanese horror film. Man that was some dope poo poo.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Wilford Brimley is an rear end in a top hat irl

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Watched Fritz Lang's M. Goddamn that was a movie.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Saw Dream Warriors. My first NOES. poo poo was so cash.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
They Look Like People was some harrowing poo poo.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's really, really good, one of the better mumblegore movies around.

I knew mumblecore was a genre (which I loathe) but had no clue about mumblegore.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

married but discreet posted:

I somehow remembered Screamers being ok from many years back, but upon rewatch it's only barely passable. I might have mixed it up with that robot monster on a boat movie.

Virus? ewwww

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

lol me and my girlfriend just did a triple feature of Virus, Stealth, and Death Machine

Haven't seen the the last one but sweet xmas at those first two. Josh Lucas is best at playing slimeball characters. As a Hollywood lead he was a a complete void.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Narzack posted:

I can partially agree with that. Lucas is an amazing producer and creator, but, I felt that Star Wars was incredible in spite of him. He was given full control for the prequels and those were as bad as could be. But Star Wars and Indiana Jones are top notch, yeah. Also Willow.

So, I guess I don't really think he's a hack, since be basically created my childhood. I should reserve the term hack for those who truly are, ie Wingard.
Not only is he still attached to Godzilla VS Kong but apparently he is going to butcher I Saw The Devil with a lovely remake. I actively loathed his Blair Witch and will never watch Death Note.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Cold Skin was alright. I don't think the ending was earned though.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
woof at the CGI at the end of The Last Winter. That was some ill advised poo poo.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Tolkien minority posted:

This movie got panned a lot for its admittedly horrible cgi ending but I’ve seen it a couple times and I think it’s pretty good overall. I am however a sucker for Arctic horror and Ron Perlman

It was definitely solid.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Marrowbone is well made but wildly derivative.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Berserk is loving dope. I definitely gently caress with manga more than I do with anime, I've noticed. Need to read some more Golgo.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I really like Peterson. Shame he passed on Goodfellas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Just watched Der Nachtmahr on Shudder. I...liked it?