Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Here are my current rides:

1998 BMW M3/4/5.

2002 VW Golf although I'm hoping to dump this for something else, maybe a TDI, when I start my new job. Or an E30/E46/Miata/wrx. I've got turbo envy in a bad way.

1988 Honda NX250. I just use this for putting around the city. 80mpg!

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

kill me now posted:

I've posted this before, but I'm really starting to fall in love with this thing as the weather warms up.

^^ I'm not a Corvette fan but that looks boss.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I got my car out of storage today.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I like the silver/black combo you have going on here.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Propaganda Bob posted:

Picked up a new toy/beater/ongoing project:

1985 Fox Body Mustang

Nice! My first car was an 85 Capri RS with the 10000 lbs hatch. All I bought was gas, oil, and tires.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I broke out the clay bar. My grey car is now a white car.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Here is my winter beater. I got it for $1 from my father-in-law. 190k miles. I put a $279 timing belt kit on it and $100 set of craigslist snows. 1.8T 5speed. I'm now trolling for a used APR tune for it. I stupidly passed on a 2004 GTI for $1200 because it was automatic and "not shifting right" according to the seller. Oh well.

Firestones

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 11, 2015

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Fart Pipe posted:

You dodged a HUGE bullet if the trans in the GTI is an O1M. Its a poo poo trans that regularly breaks hard parts.

It was the 09A; I was just going to put in new solenoids and put the back seats down and use it like a turbo pickup truck.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Ramsus posted:

Well boys, since growing up watching mad max...

Badass. You should buy that car.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Crossposting from what did you do today.

I bought this. My wife and I have purchased a couple rentals/flips so this is going to be our do-everything vehicle and I can stop trying to ruin her forester and my bmw by stuffing it full of concrete, gravel, and pavers.

1993 Nissan D21 2.4L 5 speed manual 4WD.

The paint is obviously in poor condition but I'm thinking of running it over with a buffer and sealing it with some clear coat to preserve its weathered look. I'm going to a pick and pull today to see what kind of fun stuff I can find for it.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 30, 2015

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Mcqueen posted:

Hard bodies are the bees. Lood looking truck. LSD in the rear?

I don't think so; those only came in the sport models and this one is a stripper base eco trim. But I also haven't run the VIN or jacked up the rear end to check.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I took a 1000 mile trip over the weekend and blew out some cobwebs.

Edit: ^^ poo poo, I just realized I have missed my opportunity for worn-out-tire-burn-out-glory.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 1, 2015

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Please explain.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I HATE PINK BIKES posted:

hi ai, it's been years. i've been on a roll with good decisions lately so i decided to rectify that in buying this and posting here again.

I like the diamond plate use. I'm inspired to pick up some black diamond plate and do the same on my old winter beater.

Insert plate here over rusty doors.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

mrtrunks84 posted:

This year was a good year for vehicles...

I know the DSG is quicker but I just had to get the manual.
http://imgur.com/a/pibaR

I'll comment on it. That's totally awesome. Love both choices. My dad had a 53 Ford F-500 growing up. It was just a farm truck but it was the last year for flat head Ford so I have a big soft spot for that sound.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Love it.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I found a bimmer buddy at the library.

shitbox - the tires look cool but do they rub?

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

More love for this.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I bought a truck.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 23, 2017

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Powershift posted:

That's a cool truck.

good job.

Thanks. It's an 02 2.7 4x4 5 speed. Some old timer had it and kept it up really well. Every single fluid had been replaced within the past 6 months and the frame was replaced.

It is replacing this old girl

After having the new to me truck for a couple weeks I'm surprised that I'm still torn between the two. I like driving the old truck better; it is basically a tractor that I can drive on the street while the taco feels kind of numb and whatever.

If I had the time I would patch up the Nissan mad max style. I already have some black diamond plate on hand and a riveter. :getin:

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Time to post old piles you say? Here is one of mine.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Mcqueen posted:

Nissan HB's are the best pickup trucks ever.

That and the VG30 era Pathfinders...whooo what a great vehicle.

I actually just picked up a Tacoma to replace the HB. 10 years newer and much better condition...but I may be selling the Tacoma. Love the HB.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I unfortunately drove the coupe style of this car for a little while in high school. It was way less cool then than it would be now. It was an old fire marshal car that my dad picked up for me for $250. I do highly recommend the dog dish caps for it.

I think it needs these:

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 13, 2017

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Old Binsby posted:

How did you all learn the ropes?

Being a poor, mostly.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Sadi posted:

I get 21mpg in everything. 95 Mazda Miata, 21mpg. 03 M3? 21mpg. 04 wrx, yup, 21mpg. (Well it's with in 2mpg of 21 most the time on all 3)

Same.

2010 Subaru Forester
2002 Toyota Tacoma
1998 M3

20mpg

The BMW does much better on the highway but most of my driving is in city.

I forgot about the moto.

2004 V-Strom probably gets better than 20 but I've never calculated it.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

NitroSpazzz posted:

Doing truck stuff

this was before three ratchet straps and a bed net

You are a good truck owner.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

BitBasher posted:

My 04 Tacoma PreRunner TRD 3.4L V6 in Lunar Mist Metallic. 136k miles, I am the original owner.

I absolutely love this truck in every way (Except maybe gas mileage) and have no plans to get rid of it anytime soon.

What's up Tacoma friend. Someone asked about a manual Taco?

This is my 2002. It a 2.7L 4x4 manual base model. Gas mileage is rubbish in the 4 cylinder too. It is only used for work/house projects and as a winter commuter.

I love it. I would only sell it to get a better trim level/TRD or more cab room.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Found another, albeit much nicer and newer, M friend at work.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Calling out the E39 owners for not making it rain on this page.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

KakerMix posted:

I hope decal packages come back, looks great!

I just came back from a vacation to JDM land. I loved all of the very non-descript names given to the various flavors of van that proliferate in Japan: Boxy, Roomy, Every, Voxy ect. I also appreciate the HiAce(?) worktrucks that comboed ladder/glass/pipe racks with "sport" packages and ground effects that seemed to be popular.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Sent this down the road.

Replaced with this.

2018 Honda Odyssey

To make room for this and her incoming sister.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Even with 2 kids, vans are game changers, IMO. EX-L?

Thanks. Yep EXL W/NAV/RES.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

Welcome to the club.

I'll assume you mean https://www.odyclub.com. Because I definitely have an account now.

But yes. It's a total bus but it's head and shoulders the most comfortable, economical, practical, and reliable vehicle we own now.

I'm currently shopping for a set of winter wheels and tires to put on it.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

poo poo’s lovely.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I drove it for the first time in a couple months and found a buddy at the store.

And then I found a buddy under the hood.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

EvilBeard posted:

Looks like mice made a nest out of the hood insulation to me.

This.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Hmmm. I must have missed the meltdown. Does he daily the Lancia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

It still wouldn’t hurt to contact a private seller. Nothing ventured nothing gained. That stinks.