Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

davecrazy posted:

New wheels…who dis?

Also the amount of St. Patrick’s comments I got this morning was silly.

I reminded folks that St. Patrick was Italian.

lol you too huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Taking “simplify and add lightness” to it’s logical conclusion

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

priznat posted:

Has anyone tried Tuxmats? I see them on those straightpipes YouTube guys as they advertise on there, they have a Canada storefront too which is handy.

Have them in my Alfa, way better than the Weathertech ones I had in my old car

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Should have taken my own advice and bubble wrapped my front fascia. Did a bunch of hours on the interstate on Monday, went to wash the bugs off yesterday and was greeted with this:

Any advice on how to fix this/get this fixed that doesn't involve respraying the entire bumper?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Yeah I pretty much buy a paint pen for every car. Stone chips are poo poo but inevitable.

I mean, chips are one thing but whatever hit it gouged the plastic underneath pretty good, not sure how I feel about my ability to fill it in with touchup paint

Just-In-Timeberlake fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 10, 2024

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

that's why those sweet leather car bras like on preludes and presidias in the 90s were popular

hell yeah buddy

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

davecrazy posted:

I can only imagine what the wait time is to get a whole new front piece from Turin. I'm sure its months.

If it was warranty work I'm sure that would be the only approved way to get the parts

Since it would be out of pocket I'd just hit up some some Alfa specific sites that have them in stock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TenaciousTomato posted:

I took a peek and found that Dr. Color Chip supports your color code for Verde Montreal. I had a decent experience applying this to my car before having it PPF'd. It is going to take multiple applications to fill in the chips to an almost-level point - at least enough to cover up all of the plastic/primer color underneath the chips, but I think it is worth it for the price (~$60-65).

I have an appointment on Friday with a body shop that got recommended to me by another body shop to see what they can do. I just ordered some Dr. Colorchip paint if for no other reason to fill in some other super tiny chips that would bother nobody but me.

If it wasn’t on the leading edge of that surface I wouldn’t have hesitated to give it a go myself, but of course it’s on a weird spot where you can’t just squeegee it in to get it level, that would be too easy.