Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
My LGT the day after I picked it up next to the g/f's Accent I occasionally use as a commuter (i.e. like when my LGT is down for the count, like right now, or when gas is almost $5/gal. for 93 Oct.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I'm actually running 1024x768. Currently the only machines I have at home are laptops that are at best over 3 years old. Granted, I have a brand new iMac on the way but have pitty for us poor folk, we do exist.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Snow isn't so bad when you have a subaru :v:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Ran the LGT through a wash and snapped a few pics outside the house to get some better pics of the summer wheels.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Bud Manstrong posted:

Nice; are those the Perrin cans?

Megan single tip catback. I LOVE this exhaust. Not loud at all. Came with silencers that I have never put in. I'm sure with a DP it would be louder, but probably not by much.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

OWLS! posted:

but for now....????

Grammar:godwin:. Please finish your thought!

In the meantime, I drove down to the lake yesterday and snapped a few photos with my camera phone. Not the best quality, but I thought it turned out ok.

Actually wanted to compare it with one I took about 6 years ago with my old Civic.

I really miss this car now :smith:.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Got a new point a to b commuter so I don't have to use the Legacy as much. I think I drove the wrong one today....

08 Fit - Base model 5spd with power windows/locks/mirrors as the only power accessories. In all, I'm really enjoying it.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Nija posted:

Someone jacked my poo poo - it looks like this usually:

Good old meth makes a man want to rip a 12v TV out of a van. It's amazing how easy these locks are busted though. lovely quality metal surrounding the lock mechanism.

What made you think you could have nice things?!?
Bummer man, seriously. I still miss the stereo I had nearly a decade ago just for the fact that it got ripped off. Learned my lesson after that though. Sucks.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Imperador do Brasil posted:

It was at a dealership. Priced ridiculousy low, and it's mint inside and out. It's kind of ridiculous for my wife to have a 400hp daily driver and I'm insanely jealous of it but she loves it.

Says the man with a GT500.... :v:

I think we need shots of both cars side by side for a better comparison.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Well, my GT500 isn't my daily driver. That duty falls to my 350hp Cobalt SS. Maybe this weekend I'll take a fleet picture.

:ssh: You're supposed to leave me with those misconceptions. Not that a 350 HP cobalt is anything to scoff at.

:wtc: I thought my 250 hp subaru was quick. :shobon:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

primaforce posted:

Just want something I can outrun bikes with on the local interstate.

That car is a monster.

Having said that, please...please...please don't do anything of the sort as described above. You will not find an audience here. At all.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

toaster_pastry posted:

its likely that I have some mental health problems...

Obviously the CD matches the car color...it's a sign!

On a serious note - just keep in mind the problems you had earlier (though I would like to see another clownshoe in your garage). This is #3 now?

Neon, 500 and the RS? Or did you trade the RS for the 500? I don't recall offhand.

I worry about you guys... all of you. :ohdear: (wait...maybe I am the one with problems :v:)

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

copperswallow posted:

What? Winter? Snow? what's that? it's 76*F here... :S

Sorry, one thing I know I'm not is a photographer.
Yeah, it goes zoom.

If I recall - those RX8 wheels are damned boat anchors. You would likely do well to find something lighter to throw on.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I would love to hear a comparison between your shelby ('12, right?) and this...

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

meatpimp posted:

Holy poo poo, you stole that thing. Well done.

Exactly this. God drat.

I'll pay you 3k for it. :v:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Nice s5. While you won't see as much on an NA motor, my buddy had a b7 S4, and getting his ecu flashed really smoothed his out considerably. That plus an exhaust. It was glorious. :flashfap:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Hay guyz! Check out my awesomer "blue" car!
:colbert:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I have achieved peak Anit-AI. And I enjoy driving it, as it is pretty comfortable. :smithicide:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

meatpimp posted:

You may even say you're attempting it without using the term "again."

:pusheen:

Also, cooling system issues in a bmw!?!? That sounds unusual to me...

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

As mentioned in the chat thread, the new jet:

The stable as it currently stands.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Nodoze posted:

I'd drive the poo poo out of that (but it needs a B16 too :getin:)

gently caress that overhyped garbage motor.

the z6/y8 can yield some decent power even stock (or if built appropriately) if I recall correctly and since they were in literally almost every civic for anumber of years, should be CEEEEEAP, and you keep your snazzy psychotropic drugs.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

PenisMonkey posted:

So my wife wanted a new car. She had an X6 which I thought was ugly. I didn't think she could find anything uglier. I was wrong.

It's now a 1,000+ hp garage. Still like mine better :colbert:

But hey, at least hers sounds good!

I was following a GS(?) 63S, and can confirm. It sounded great.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

When I went to start it back up after taking this photo it was completely dead, no click no nothing :argh: Every time I take a step towards selling it something fucks up...this time it's probably just something got wet but I'm so sick of this loving car.

I literally was going to ask what broke when you did it. Was not disappointed.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

a 1997 Prelude Type SH, 92k original miles and one owner from new.

That thing must be a hoot and a half. Nice grab!

Also page 427 posting. Just sayin.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

That generation integra is glorious. I had an EF for awhile, and want to go back to it, but I also love that generation integra. That integra already comes with a B-series...so a b20vtec would be easier (+ boost?!?) to get done than that EF. Plus 4 doors for occasional kids, and well.. I can't decide.

Eh, who am I kidding? It won't happen any time soon, and they're all pretty mu ch gone in the US anyways.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-K Bikini Carwash posted:

Which is a B20/VTEC that I've been building in my living room since last summer. Set up for N/A now, curious to see how much power I can get out of it.

That accord is bitching. The crx is more bitching. That motor?

Do me. Please.

Your build needs a thread. It's pretty similar to an idea I have but can't afford for some time. Sigh.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I want to see a whole thread about this ratty-rear end CRX.

Is the B20 really an engine worth saving? I thought they were pretty crappy.

ratbert90 posted:

Yeah, not sure why it's not a LSVTEC.

Edit*
I guess B20's are cheap and reliable. Good for cheap boost as well.

I could be misreading your comments, so if I'm just stating what you already know, forgive me. The motor he's built is a b20 vtec hybrid. "Hybrid" because he's putting a vtec head where there wasn't one before. Very similar to the lsvtec, just a bigger displacement starting point.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That makes a lot more sense to me, thank you. Never assume that I know anything about Hondas, the one in my driveway is fun because every time I mess with it I get to learn new poo poo.

I know that LS/VTECs historically(?) have been based on a B18 but is that just because of availability or was that something they just now figured out with the slightly larger B20 from a CR-V?

Right re:availability. And just so we are on the same page...Ls/vtec is exactly what it sounds like too. Non-vtec b18 (so a b18a or b18b) with a vtec head thrown on.

Both motors really started taking off right around 2000. The b18 option probably tended to be a little more popular due to availability (more integras in the LS trim than crvs across the board, I think because that motor was out for longer) and cost (with the b20, you have to do more potential internals work to get a reliable build).

The cool part of these motors is that depending on build, you would probably get a little more torque out of one than the b18c counterparts - the a/b had a longer stroke because they weren't revved to the comparative stars to get the rippums for their HP output. And the b20 was also just a straight up larger displacement, not just stroke.

My dream build is a ef chassis with b20vtec. JRSC(Jackson racing supercharger) would be a nice bonus, but probably not possible due to space/packaging constraints.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I'd park my Odyssey next to it just for the luls. :3:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

DropShadow, I'm curious to know how tight the clutch is on that automatic. Also, how that high quality leather compares directly with vinyl.

(that page is a goldmine of lovely sales tactics). Nice jeep!

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

A commuter car enters the ring:

No burnouts to be had, for she's a brand new '18 Civic LX. Six speeds and two doors. Build date appears to be Sept 2018, so only sat around for about 6 months on the lot, but I still feel like we got a pretty nice deal.

And this mileage reflects current status amidst my errands today. I think it had 50 when we test drove it a week ago. It's WEIRD being in something so small (and down on torque).

It's the Mrs' commuter car, so I'll only get to play with it occasionally since I work from home and get kids to/from school. womp womp.

Up next: Get rid of the "CIVIC" badge, add floor liners and maybe order up an auto-dim mirror. I might have to farm that last bit out to the dealer, I'm not sure I want to start ripping apart trim on a new car and have it rattle to death, knowing my luck. (requires pulling visors, removing lights, kick plates, etc.)

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Alarbus posted:

Nice. The slow pace of Vermont issued plates is hilarious, I had DBF issued... jfc 20 years ago?

Also, Automaster is good, but expensive.

I imagine they get some re-use as cars are taken off the road (Hellooooo RUST), but it is certainly an interesting thought. The van has EMF which were issued about 12 years ago (initially put on my legacy).

Re: Automaster, I agree. To be fair, both times we've purchased they came close enough to the deal I wanted that I was ok with it. A brand new civic for sub 18? And they did a little better than I was anticipating on trade-in, so it was a no-brainer call. The extra liquidity for pending house purchases will be very nice.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Tremek posted:

Welp, didn’t expect that to be ACTUALLY true.

PS DC’s a friend, I’m ok with his smartass comment, he’s just mad because he’s stuck in Eastern Europe and I bought his ~*~dreamtruck~*~ to replace the E63s this weekend.

The unintentional crossover from BWM thread tickled me.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Suburban Dad posted:

I can't poo poo on forums too much now that the only alternative is Facebook. :smith:

There are only bots from what I can tell in one I checked for my new car. Sucks.

I mean, an odyssey isn’t exactly an enthusiast buy. Been living with that decision for 3+ years now. :sigh:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Suburban Dad posted:

Tell me something I don't know. :smith: honestly wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the hilarious amounts of body roll.

Still, there used to be a forum for anything.

Here's some light inspiration that I've gathered... We can do it, yo! We just have to scour a bit harder....

Some light reading...

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

um excuse me posted:

Nothing like a replica wheel manufacturer to make you look like you care about your car.

That's one way to be a snob.

Personally, I'd like something a bit different from the stockers, and winter is a thing here. Meaning, I'll keep stock wheels for winter and put on a different set for the warmer months. (At probably $100 for tire change over, 2x a year..., new wheels will pay for themselves before tire replacements are needed). And I happen to like the way those look, so that's my plan.

*shrug*

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

um excuse me posted:

Replica wheels are often made using inferior manufacturing techniques without compensating for strength in the design. People can get hurt and lose thousands. gently caress replica manufacturers.

Now you can get decent wheels that aren't made by lovely companies which speaks volumes about your ability to research things and general decision making ability because boy there are thousands of ways to buy wheels that look nice, are strong, and don't cost a ton.

Absolutely. And to be fair, I may not have been clear based on what I posted above. Mine is 100% going to be a street car. As cool as that racing team is, and what they're doing/did, there is no room for modifying my family hauler in such a way as to take it onto a race track. For better or worse, it's just pipe-dream material for those of us with limited transportation choices and limited enthusiast materials to consume for said transportation appliances.

In this instance, replica wheels are a-ok and budget friendly for the intended use case.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

The Si is essentially a base RSX, so the Type S has a 40hp advantage right out of the box.

That gen Si was largely ignored because many felt the engine was too anemic for what it should have been, the suspension layout was suboptimal, and the shifter placement was just awkward, iirc.

I never really liked them, and I'm dying to get back into a 4th gen. I miss that thing so much. :hfive: 4th gen bros

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Even with 2 kids, vans are game changers, IMO. EX-L?

If you have 3, pull one of the captains chairs for easy in/out when dealing with younger kid belts. also gives a nice place for people to sit when changing diapers or whatever. Nice ride!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Nice.

Semi related there is now a picture of my BiL driving their new odyssey w/ jammies to go to polar express. It is hysterical. I swore off suv/vans for years, but they really do have heir place. I’d rather a nice van than an suv any day now.