Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
The current daily:
1966 Chevy Corvair Corsa (stock rated for 140hp)
164ci air-cooled flat 6 with 4 carbs
3.55 posi
4-speed saginaw floor shifted transmission
A/C car (1 of 143!)
Cammed, equal length headers, glasspack "stinger" mufflers
Suspension is worked over a bit, though it needs a lot of new bushings

The other driver, for when it's too cold to deal with no heat (CT winters suck):
1966 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
429ci, stock stock stock stock 4bbl carb

Click here for the full 1200x900 image.

And I'll be damned if I can't call this car my daily driver soon enough:
1965 Buick Wildcat Deluxe Coupe
401 Nailhead motor bored to 409ci
Custom Ground cam
2x4 Intake, longtube headers
Nearly every option possible on the car except the 425ci motor (A/C, power windows, cruise control, posi, auto transmission, dual exhaust, AM/FM)

I just need to get the engine back in it, and send it off for paint! God willing, that'll be by summer's end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

1963 Plymouth Valiant

5" rear drop

225 /6 w/1bbl weber

Very nice! Your engine bay looks great, except for that battery brace. You should paint that bastard up! Annnnd maybe invest in a vintage wolf whistle, to match the rest? Slick car, though.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

MullardEL34 posted:

1962 Corvair Monza 900 Sedan.

Shoot me an IM! We must talk.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Sefyroth posted:

I have no clue, but I don't think so. I'll have to ask my brother. I'm also an AI nub and I'm not sure what a bonnet or an ST185 are.

Heheh -- bonnet is limey british speak for "hood" -- read here for ST185 things: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica_GT-Four

similarly, boot means "trunk", and MGB means "sally car"

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

LobsterboyX posted:

tell us about the 53/54 chevy in the background.

Yes, this. I'm not sold on whether it's a 53, 54, or 55 (maybe the blurry picture just makes the rear fender look like its popping out?). It kinda looks like a de-toothed 54 with no signal lights, or something. Tell me more.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Korwen posted:

edit: Was the GTO based on the Lemans? Getting my Pontiacs confused perhaps.

Yeah, it was. The first GTOs were actually LeMans GTOs. Still, confusable to the untrained eye.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

corrosive23 posted:

08 Toyota Tundra with the 5.7L V8
When you open the hood on that thing, does the lip from the grille stay there? It seems odd that it'd get in the way like that.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

:snoop: That's some sick rear end dope tan maxima action right there :snoop:

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Akvj1n posted:

Was out in a nice setting so I decided to finally take a decent picture of my car. 1998 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition, 75k miles.

Do you have any pictures of your car that you took while you weren't standing on one foot on a hill? Sheesh, I wish people would stop taking car pictures like that...

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Hatebreed posted:

lovely picture, more to come when I get around to it.

Please post a thread, I have so many questions!

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Hatebreed posted:

I can't make a thread about my specific car yet for legal reasons, but they can generally just be answered with "yes it is as awesome as it looks"

Oh god what could that possibly mean... I am so excited. Maybe just s'more pictures?

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Grimster posted:

I like mine in (torrid) Red (with HORRID red interior according to Comrade Flynn) thanks!

Pretty sure I posted mine already but since we're discussing red GTO's I'll repost.

Since mine's probably a repost I'll add a bonus link to a video of me autocrossing my VW Scirocco, to add new material: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbNhXvIJpKM

Wow, they put your Scirocco in FSP? that's surprising, especially on street tires. Any mods?

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

omgitstheinternet posted:

Shaved body mouldings and hatch

Shaved != debadged
:smithfrog:

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

supa scoopa posted:

Picked this up today, it's just a 1.5. Getting rid of my Alfa 156, I've had enough of car electronics for a while.

So you bought a.... volkswagen? :suicide: You crazy man, you -- you crazy.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

EL Bombastico posted:

hellaflush bro

Well his dad financed most of the car so he posted the portion of it that was his you see,

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

heat posted:

These remind me of some promotional shots they were making fun of on Top Gear. I can't remember the company though.. maybe Porsche?

Yes, it was for the latest Cayenne at the time.

MrSaturn fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 25, 2011

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

The Scientist posted:

So does that thing have those bumper-shifters everyone's been talking about?

Not that one, it's a 6 speed.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

toaster_pastry posted:

I recently did Ophir Pass (a 4x4 trail in Colorado) with my Toyota Echo. I swear, there is nothing this car can't do. 311k miles now.

(full story on my blog if you care: http://goo.gl/Fxv5e )

Hey -- did I catch you in Seattle in July?

e: no I did not.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

This year's boss has a roof the same color as the accent stripe on the hood and sides. It's just black paint, I think.

e: that said, I want to know everything about how you like that car. I'm in the market. Yours is gorgeous!

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Cage posted:

I hope someday that guy finds out about the photoshoot he was in that he didn't even know about.

This happened to me once! Except rather than some sap taking a picture of his car because it was similar to mine, it was some (admittedly overly assertive) blonde who thought my car would make for a good impromptu scene for a profie pic:

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

MrSaturn posted:

This happened to me once! Except rather than some sap taking a picture of his car because it was similar to mine, it was some (admittedly overly assertive) blonde who thought my car would make for a good impromptu scene for a profie pic:

I wasn't there, and I didn't know her. To be fair, the cars front glass glasses always rolled down because it is cracked so badly. Still lame though. A common friend saw the pic posted on Facebook and tagged me, that's how I came to find out.

E: and I'm staying downtown. What are you up to tomorrow night?

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

I bought an adult car.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Dizman posted:

Fantastic! I debated getting one of these back in 2009. Heated and AC Recaro seats, full suede interior... it was WONDERFUL. It was super quick and handled great. Unfortunately I decided to buy a C5 Z06, and keep my daily. I LOVED the CTS-V, but the gas mileage killed it for me. It would have been my daily, and it would have gotten headers, exhaust, smaller pulley and a blower cam. I get roughly 30mpg with those same mods in my Z06, and better mileage every day in my beater car. Every time I see one of those or the coupes on the road though, a little piece of me dies inside and regrets that decision. However if you can afford to drive it daily (or keep it as an expensive weekend toy) then more power to you sir, it's a fantastic car! How do you like it so far?

Well, It's going to be my daily driver, but I suppose that's a bit of an odd definition. I travel nearly fulltime for work (by plane), so I'll really only drive it as often as a weekend warrior. For reference, I put about 1500 miles on my last car since May. I guess mileage doesn't matter much to me :) I will be using it for road trips when the mood strikes for sure.

I LOVE it so far, but as luck would have it, I picked it up Friday morning, and headed to the airport right after... so I've only driven it the 40 minutes back from the dealer. Super, super fast compared to my '54 Chevy! Can't wait to get out in a bit more, it has far, far too much power and too many bells and whistles for someone like me.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Here's a thing that makes me smile every day.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

T1g4h posted:

I will never, ever stop loving the looks of that car. Coupe, Sedan, or Wagon? Also, how does she ride?

Sedan, unfortunately (my first ever 4 door car!). It's an absolute BEAST. I've never driven anything like it before in my life. Amazing how easy it is to drive.

I seem to have lots of shots of the car's gaping maw, but not so many from the side or rear. I'll have to get some.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Thanks!

...and for the record, my first cadillac was perhaps a bit boxier. Not as much go-fast, though.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

I'm guessing compared to Celsius :v:

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Not sure about that car in particular, but usually with stylized exhaust tips like that, the actual round pipe will end a few inches shy of it, underneath the car. You'll barely get a little smoke out of the tips, and by the time its there, it can't be that hot.

e: crap nevermind

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Holy poo poo, I love your bike. I wish I knew more about them, and wasn't so drat convinced I'd kill myself if I bought one.

e: for the sake of it, my car and my (slower) bike.

e2: and a better shot my car and my OTHER bike:

MrSaturn fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 29, 2013

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

jhcain posted:

The interior is the primary reason I wanted one of these cars. 4 "bucket" seats, a full length console, and the rear seats fold forward to give over 7 feet of clear cargo space (when you also drop the trunk divider.

Wow, that is really nice - would be a great coupe for road trips, if the gas mileage made sense. Speaking of, I took my CTS-V to DC and back this past weekend, for a total of about 850 miles. I got a whopping 16mpg or so, which was a bit painful, but the car is just so drat comfortable - and it beats doing it in a LOUD LUMPY Jeep Liberty, which was the alternative. Do you still have your wagon?

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Ooo and it's tan! :eyepop:

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Coredump posted:

I think the tree adds to it. :v:

How did you make it climb up that wall?

See because

MrSaturn fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 26, 2014

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

iamthehans posted:

Got my tempest painted

Now to just get the engine back from the re-builder.

Gorgeous.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Hey I've got a blue car!

I really need to drive it again soon. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Tremek posted:

4/19 never forget

In other news, I like the Aeroforce gauge in my car. I miss the clock a little though.

Tell me more about the things you've done to your V. Mine could use some loving, and I've got a tax return coming. Feel free to PM if you don't want to crap up this thread with -V talk.