Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

My dirty daily while working yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Kill-9 posted:

Just had a new toy delivered last weekend. This replaced my old D-90. Quite a change I think.

Just made my jaw drop when I was scrolling by. I love me some old T-birds. Any shots of the engine bay?

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Hashal posted:

Just made my jaw drop when I was scrolling by. I love me some old T-birds. Any shots of the engine bay?

Here's a shot under the hood. 390ci/6.4l of unburnt gasoline stinking fury.

I need to clean it up a bit. The valve covers should really be a kind of champagne/gold instead of chrome and the air filter is all wrong. It should look like this:

I started to polish the left valve cover and it'll shine right back up. I don't like the air filter though. I'll need to track down something more stock. Since the car is already not the stock color I'm not going to worry to much about making it 'original'.

Greg63T
Sep 20, 2012
Incredibly clean FD you have there sir. I'm currently in the market for one.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

kimbo305 posted:

Even if it feels like it, these modern Falcons are unibody cars, so unrelated to the Panther.

The sedans are butFalcon utes are cab-chassis, I don't think they're a unibody. Still, totally unrelated to Panther cars.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

2006 VW Jetta TDI. Bought in late September with ~120k miles, put on almost 3k of my own so far.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

kimbo305 posted:

Even if it feels like it, these modern Falcons are unibody cars, so unrelated to the Panther.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

The sedans are but Falcon utes are cab-chassis, I don't think they're a unibody. Still, totally unrelated to Panther cars.

Good to know, thanks!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

At first I thought you were still in Canada and started to literally vibrate in my chair with excitement.

But that is still totally awesome. You should do burnouts and film them.
Showing up at a Canadian autocross / rallycross / TSD / anything with my Falcon would be great, but it's not going to happen, I just have to accept that. :sigh:

I will console myself with plenty of hooning around :australia: in a manner that's unlikely to get me deported (i.e. sanctioned events if I can find any... Baskerville is local and the Hobart Sports Car Club meets next week).

Diocletian
Jul 4, 2003
Got rid of the 370z. It was having too many costly problems. I wanted more space, AWD, better modding potential and turbo. The result?

Brand new 2012 Evo X MR with Premium/Navi! Yes the gas mileage is a turd but it's not that much worse than my Z. I already have the following that will be installed Monday:

ETS v2 Quiet CBE
ETS Intake
ETS Test Pipe
Grimspeed 3-port boost controller
Pro-tune by reputable local shop

Loving the hell out of it so far, probably the most precise steering and cornering of any car I have driven. Can't wait to get all the parts on!

More pics here! http://imgur.com/a/EIXDx

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Well...that's one way to satiate your craving for boost. Absolutely love the exterior color/wheel option you're using. Do you miss anything about the 370?

Diocletian
Jul 4, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Well...that's one way to satiate your craving for boost. Absolutely love the exterior color/wheel option you're using. Do you miss anything about the 370?

The presence it exuded. That thing just screamed SPORTS CAR(it was yellow too), also the sound when it was modded was amazing. The wheels and brakes as well but that's about it. Ok kicking the back end out on turns are nice too.

After I have my mods on I will enjoy the car even more. I got a useable trunk, rear seats and leather/suede Recaro's that are better than pretty much all "sport" seats I've had.

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008
I posted my car a good while back, but I did a dumb thing to it today and felt like sharing

Woodgrain Winter Wheels

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Diocletian posted:

The presence it exuded. That thing just screamed SPORTS CAR(it was yellow too), also the sound when it was modded was amazing. The wheels and brakes as well but that's about it. Ok kicking the back end out on turns are nice too.

After I have my mods on I will enjoy the car even more. I got a useable trunk, rear seats and leather/suede Recaro's that are better than pretty much all "sport" seats I've had.
That's a pretty good list of stuff. I have what feels like an unnatural draw to the Z cars, particularly the Nismo 350 in any shade of color. It seems like an achievable 'dream' car too so I feel like I will one day own one. Can't argue with my current sled (speed6) though, bought it for the same reasons you bought the EVO. Four doors, usable back seat, trunk, awd for winter, etc.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

intheflesh posted:

Woodgrain Winter Wheels

The ultimate in style and sophistication.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

intheflesh posted:

I posted my car a good while back, but I did a dumb thing to it today and felt like sharing

Woodgrain Winter Wheels
Audi semi-anonymous Quattro in boring white, but with wheels that will evoke a ruined shed in a back field of an abandoned farm in February?

I think I love you.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Diocletian posted:

Got rid of the 370z. It was having too many costly problems.

Mind outlining the issues you were having with the 370Z?

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
2011 Ford Ranger Sport. I bought it with 1200 miles on it and I think someone may have died in it, but I love this truck.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Wow that front fender is not even close to a circle. How big of a tire are they hoping for under there exactly

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
Replacing my old Lexus GS400 (RIP); went with the most practical option after coming close to a few crazier purchases.

Totally gonna save up some pennies and pretty her up when the snows melt. Mild drop, Work or Vossen wheels, new front end, tints, exhaust.

Then twin-turbo to drive it 'til it dies when I get bored in a few years :getin:

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

coolskillrex remix posted:

Wow that front fender is not even close to a circle. How big of a tire are they hoping for under there exactly

I don't know, I'd never really noticed how undersized until now.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
I bought an adult car.

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

MrSaturn posted:

I bought an adult car.

Awesome! I had a first gen -V that I really loved. I can only imagine how much better the 2nd Gen is.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
This is mine for like a week. One of my pals is a huge vintage Mazda fan. I found this on CL here in the bay area and scooped it up for him today.

1980 Mazda 626. All original (other than the wheels), garage kept, 90k miles.

Thing is a dream car. Looks brand new in ever way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, how much was that?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There was one of those in my old neighborhood but the owner was a crazy dude with a jacket from the 80s to match.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

toaster_pastry posted:

This is mine for like a week. One of my pals is a huge vintage Mazda fan. I found this on CL here in the bay area and scooped it up for him today.

1980 Mazda 626. All original (other than the wheels), garage kept, 90k miles.

Thing is a dream car. Looks brand new in ever way.

:eyepop:

Thats rad as gently caress.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Finally got my hands on a JDM hood scoop.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo, how much was that?

$3,900

Well worth it, IMHO. This thing is a perfect time capsule and belongs in a museum. I don't think its ever seen rain before.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

toaster_pastry posted:

$3,900

Well worth it, IMHO. This thing is a perfect time capsule and belongs in a museum. I don't think its ever seen rain before.

drat, that's crazy.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
There was a gorgeous one like that in my old neighborhood but it wasn't that nice. That's incredible.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Lt. Jebus posted:

Awesome! I had a first gen -V that I really loved. I can only imagine how much better the 2nd Gen is.

Same here, I just hope it isn't more of this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

MrSaturn posted:

I bought an adult car.

Fantastic! I debated getting one of these back in 2009. Heated and AC Recaro seats, full suede interior... it was WONDERFUL. It was super quick and handled great. Unfortunately I decided to buy a C5 Z06, and keep my daily. I LOVED the CTS-V, but the gas mileage killed it for me. It would have been my daily, and it would have gotten headers, exhaust, smaller pulley and a blower cam. I get roughly 30mpg with those same mods in my Z06, and better mileage every day in my beater car. Every time I see one of those or the coupes on the road though, a little piece of me dies inside and regrets that decision. However if you can afford to drive it daily (or keep it as an expensive weekend toy) then more power to you sir, it's a fantastic car! How do you like it so far?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Those CTS-V's with blacked out rims and tints are just mean looking, although the fact that you can get better gas mileage with a Z06 is a little nuts.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Bob NewSCART posted:

Those CTS-V's with blacked out rims and tints are just mean looking, although the fact that you can get better gas mileage with a Z06 is a little nuts.

It's something like 1100 lbs lighter than the CTS-V.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Das Volk posted:

It's something like 1100 lbs lighter than the CTS-V.

Thinner plastic.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Picked up an 07 SLK55 AMG with 32k miles on it a couple of days ago and it's a blast! Luckily the weather has been cooperating and I've been able to drive it several times with the top down without freezing to death. The sound of the V8 is great and with the top up it feels like driving any other car.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Das Volk posted:

Every time I walk back to my Z06, I'm surprised that the little GM badge on the side is still there.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Das Volk posted:

RIP Honk N Ralph

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nice car, but what is going on with that antenna?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

meatpimp posted:

Nice car, but what is going on with that antenna?

Yeah, there's a shorter one available that I've already bought and I'm waiting for it to get here, not sure why they decided it needed to be 20 ft long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Dizman posted:

Fantastic! I debated getting one of these back in 2009. Heated and AC Recaro seats, full suede interior... it was WONDERFUL. It was super quick and handled great. Unfortunately I decided to buy a C5 Z06, and keep my daily. I LOVED the CTS-V, but the gas mileage killed it for me. It would have been my daily, and it would have gotten headers, exhaust, smaller pulley and a blower cam. I get roughly 30mpg with those same mods in my Z06, and better mileage every day in my beater car. Every time I see one of those or the coupes on the road though, a little piece of me dies inside and regrets that decision. However if you can afford to drive it daily (or keep it as an expensive weekend toy) then more power to you sir, it's a fantastic car! How do you like it so far?

Well, It's going to be my daily driver, but I suppose that's a bit of an odd definition. I travel nearly fulltime for work (by plane), so I'll really only drive it as often as a weekend warrior. For reference, I put about 1500 miles on my last car since May. I guess mileage doesn't matter much to me :) I will be using it for road trips when the mood strikes for sure.

I LOVE it so far, but as luck would have it, I picked it up Friday morning, and headed to the airport right after... so I've only driven it the 40 minutes back from the dealer. Super, super fast compared to my '54 Chevy! Can't wait to get out in a bit more, it has far, far too much power and too many bells and whistles for someone like me.