Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
What's the current state of things regarding new orders from Mazda? If I'm wanting a specific trim and color cx50 for example (turbo premium plus, soul red), how big of a pain will it be to get if a dealer nearby doesn't currently have one on the lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Well that's unfortunate. I guess I'll get on all the regional dealerships' radars and hope one turns up. This would be my first time buying new and I thought that would make it easier to get what I wanted.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Never underestimate the power of complaining on the internet. I looked at mazda's website again today and saw that they had changed over to the 2024 cx50 model year. Plugged in my config and found a TPP trim in Red that is in transit to a dealer 1.5 hours away from me. I contacted the dealer and it wasn't already sold, so I put my $500 down to secure it. We'll see if this perfect coincidence works out in 3-4 weeks I guess!

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

I figured I'd ask this here while I'm at it. I'm trying to ballpark figures for downpayment and am curious what I might expect to get for trade-in value. I have a 2016 mazda 6 sport automatic with 59k miles. I'm in the midwest/chicagoland area. Apologies if there's a better place to ask!

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Four months of agonizing waiting but it's finally mine!

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Picked up a color matched set of fob panels because why the hell not. Pretty happy with them.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Cygni posted:

Are those the ones from Mazda Germany?

Nah, I got it from here: https://mikstoreph.com/products/mazda-3-cx30-jdm-key-shell-oem-replacement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What’s the collision detection safety feature called where the car beeps when you get close to stuff during parking.

I feel like I saw a cx-30 with that feature but skimming the trims didn’t show a feature that lines up with that. Maybe part of “360° View Monitor”?

That's "front and rear parking sensors". The 360 view is the camera system that gives you a "top down" style view.