Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN

GET EM SLUGGER posted:

The actual shifting doesn't bother me so much. It's going into gear. 2nd gear always grinds just a bit.

God drat I'm glad I finally read over the first bit of this thread. My MS3 has just over 7k on it now and this was driving me nuts thinking that it was an actual "problem problem" with my car.

I can rest easy now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
I'm guessing that using AccessPort is an insta-warranty void if it's caught during a maintenance, right?

Do the dealers have a way of noticing it's been tampered with even if you reflash to stock before taking it in?

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
Do it. Just be prepared to basically re-learn how to drive a manual since mine has, and some other people have said it has, a really quirky clutch.

If I find some extra play money sitting around I may pick up and Accessport.

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
It's like an emotionally unstable girlfriend that's an incredible gently caress.

Just have to find out what mood it's in that morning and go with the flow. :iiaca:

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
Are there any aftermarket companies making decent foglight replacements for the MS3? A rock decided it would be just dandy to smash all the way through my driver-side light.

Asked the dealer about replacement and (big surprise) it's loving expensive.

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
My Speed3 has about 25k miles on it and every now and then when idling it starts spewing this nasty white smoke from the exhaust. I looked up a few things, and some people experience this when the turbo starts to go bad.

I haven't noticed anything different performance wise, and it doesn't happen every time I idle, so I don't know what to think. Anyone know anything about this?

wootmachine fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
Yeah, it's still under warranty so I'm going to take it in Wednesday and see what's up with it.