Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Fabulousity posted:

I don't have the big corporate man smarty pants on so maybe I'm missing something but a fourth generation electrified Mazda3 would conquer the entire North American market in like five minutes.

it isn't a cross over so no, it wouldn't

a full electric CX-3 on the other hand might. Probably not in Ontario though because sales of electric vehicles have dropped like a brick after Premier Crackmayor Minor cancelled the rebates for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Funny story about that happening on my '18 3 right after reading the initial post.

The brakes didn't slam on the BRAKE!!! alarm came on the HUD, when there was a car about 10 lengths ahead of me

And then I saw a cop pointing a radar gun at me. Pretty sure I got the car version of a missile launch warning which I thought was pretty neat.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The 2017 might not have Android auto/carplay (it's an available update, you might be able to negotiate that in)

Smaller screen
No start/stop auto cruise control (shuts off under 30kph)
No AWD option.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

silence_kit posted:

There is a slight rattle somewhere in the driver's side door or dash of my car that becomes noticeable when it gets cold. The interior is extremely nice for an economy car, but there are some really cheap feeling things about it (1. the way the cloth fabric is fastened to a cardboard/plastic bar at the bottom of the driver & passenger seats and 'latched in' to some kind of hook in the bottom of the seat is not great and sometimes falls out

I have the exact same problems on my '18 GT, the side bolster popped out and the leather ripped. It's quite annoying.

The Soul Red paint is a beautiful color but my GOD is the paint fragile. I've had my car for 2 and a half years and the amount of chips and flakes in the paint is truly amazing.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The easy solution is to find a CX-5 turbo that's been in a rear end collision and steal the engine out of it

bing bong so simple (not really)

Or just get the 2021 Mazda3 with turbo and AWD.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I traded in my 18 hatch today, I’m so fed up with quality issues that I took the plunge and upgraded.

Getting my 2020 CX5 TURBO Saturday. gently caress me it has some balls.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Picked up the new CX5 GT Turbo yesterday. The GT trim level between the '18 Mazda3 and this is hugely different, this feels like a genuine luxury vehicle.
Also the Mazdaconnect system is MUCH more responsive on this car for some reason, wonder if the computer was changed?

ventilated seats are magic.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Gros Tarla posted:

Well, today is the day!

Finally found a sucker to grab my Model 3 for an absurd price and giving Mazda a shot with a CX-5 Signature in Soul Red for a very good price. The interior is pretty loving great compared to the Tesla, dang.

Pretty jazzed, let's hope this is reflects better on my decision making abilities.

I test drove a signature, it's a very nice car. wasn't worth the money for the 360 view camera though.

i had such a brain-fart moment with my CX-5, the infotainment display was staying on full brightness at all times, even at night-time and wouldn't switch to night-time unless manually changed in the settings.
I thought there was a light sensor issue or something...and then I turned down the instrument lights using the little knob and poof, problem solved. it was set to max brightness.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Gros Tarla posted:

Indeed, initially was going for one trim under with the turbo, but they had that one one the lot and knocked out most of the difference between what I had already haggled for and that one, and they threw in the hitch, all weather mats and poo poo. We're going back in heavy lockdown Thursday for at least two weeks, likely more, and they seemed desperate as they won't get any sales for as long as that goes on., so yay for me.

And yeah, that 360 camera is dog poo poo lol.

oh if you got all the extras thrown in that's not so bad, i suppose the reverse sensors are pretty nice too.
but goddamn does that turbo have some oomph. coming from a Mazda3 with the non-turbo 2.5 this thing is WAY faster.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Head Bee Guy posted:

How do you guys like the CX-5 in both turbo and n/a varieties?

turbo is good. tons of power, feels like a high end vehicle.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

yeah i had film for about 1/4 of the hood on my soul red 3 and holy moly the amount of paint chips i had after 3 years of ownership were staggering.
goddamn ontario country roads.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Seeing pics of the gen 1 mazda3s make me miss mine. Hardly see them in Ontario anymore because, y'know, rust.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The cx30 is a really sharp looking vehicle, with the turbo is probably really peppy.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeah I have a 2020 Cx5 turbo, plenty of get up and go even with regular gas.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm in Canada, weathertech is king poo poo
Get roof rails, opens up more options for roof racks
Premium is required for towing (apparently, I don't have tow package)
Bitch is thirsty, i average 9.5l/100km doing mainly highway driving.
Piano black gets very easily scratched
Seat Warmers have 3 settings: warm, warmer and inferno
Ventilated seats good

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 8, 2022

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Absolutely not, these are all features that can be turned off with a button push.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I love the soul red colour, however it does show off paint chips pretty well.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

OEM set is fine unless you have broad cargo to put on top. I was at the very edge of the OEM rails with a 17' canoe.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

loving excuse me I cannot fit the Thule portage/Yakima Keelover pads into a pair of 2x4s!

(Lol paying 250 bucks for something a pool noodle does perfectly)

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

FYI, found out that Mazda is getting very stingy about doing repairs anywhere close to the end of warranty period. The power folding mirror on the passenger side failed on the last day of my warranty, and they do NOT want to fix it.

What a stupid loving design, whoever came up with the auto-retract feature does not live in a climate with ice/snow.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

There's a trick apparently, I'm gonna try it tonight. But yeah those motors are weak and don't like any snow/ice buildup.

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 6, 2023

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

It's pretty simple to disable them actually.

Push start button twice to ON (don't turn the engine on)
Put the window switch lock into lock
Turn off the e-brake
Push down on passenger window and 2 rear window switches for 5 seconds.

I guess that 2020.5 and later models have a switch for the mirrors for fold/auto/unfold so you don't have to do this stuff.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeah my rears are at 3mm and fronts are at 8mm, I'm at 120k km.

Just did my spark plugs today, the bracket on top of the 2.5 turbo is a pain in the rear end, the hoses do not want to shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I think I'm done with my dealership for maintenance after they forgot to reinstall a caliper bolt after brake service.

Mind you they're refunding the cost of the service, but jesus guys.