Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

I need to get better and spraying even coats but it's looking pretty drat good for what I want out of it. I'm still not feeling a full dash removal so I'm gonna tarp and tape off the small section to the left of the wheel and see how that turns out painting it in place.

Best of luck, that just sounds like a recipe for overspray in a million places you don't want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

eddiewalker posted:

Why is the leather steering wheel of my 14 3igt always so drat sticky in the summer?

No amount of cleaning seems to fix it (and it’s peeling on one side. Related?)

Depends entirely on what you're using to clean it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

I wouldn't worry at all.

Nope, none of that stuff was probably ever coated. It's designed to look new until just after it leaves the dealer lot.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Heck of a car for $2k.

What would you plan to use it for? Could be a fun little project. What all does it need? All of the listed parts? :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

lovely parts car for Rhyno or some other silly MS6 owner.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/d/2006-mazdaspeed-6-grand/6701848540.html

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mid cycle refresh or a full update? I didn't think the last gen was that old.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Huh. Didn't realize it had been that long.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

UPDATE:

they are pretty certain it's a rear strut as they are lunatics and one guy road in the back with his head hanging out the window while another drove it so they could pinpoint the clunking. I love these guys.
They also put it on a lift and tugged, pushed and tapped on every component and there's nothing loose, cracked or outright broken. Quoted $360 to replace the rears struts. Now to decide if I should have stock replacements put in or have some fun with upgrades.

old man yelling at clouds here: lowered cars ride like poo poo, the roads are poo poo and flat and boring where you are. Just put in stock replacements. :corsair:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Fabulousity posted:

- Skyactiv-G will be first available in 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5L setups. North America is getting the 2.5 as the new base engine, auto and manual still available
- 2.0L Skyactiv-X with magical spark controlled HCCI will become "available later in 2019"
- AWD available for North American market, probably as automatic only
- Rear multilink suspension has been replaced with a torsion bar
- New "polymetal grey" color exclusive to the hatchback version
- Red leather interior seen in some pictures is exclusive to the hatchback version

I was good until this point. :( But Mazda will probably work some wizardry to make it suck less maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If you're not getting other codes, I'd venture to say it's probably the cat. DTC is saying it's not warming up the cat fast enough. You could have lovely combustion or an exhaust leak before the cat maybe, but that would probably also set other faults.