Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Crosspost from the Stupid Questions thread:

Really stupid question. I am working on a buddies 2003 3.0L Mazda 6, and I cant see any coolant at all in the reservoir tank. But hosed if I can find any sort of fill line at all. The tank is just...bare. I feel really stupid but I have no idea how much coolant to add. Cant seem to find anything online about it.

Anyone with this car have any input?

e: Scratch that, I think I found it in the owners manual online.

PaintVagrant fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Can anyone here who owns a 2nd gen MS3 talk to me about the panel inserts? They look...pink in pictures, it seems like a red fabric under a black fabric weave? It seems cheesy in pics but maybe in person its rad?

I have yet to get in a MS3, but its on my short list of cars that I will be looking at in spring. Seems to be a lot of second gens with under 50k miles for decent prices in my area. Any particular things I should look for when buying a lightly used one? Besides the obvious signs of abuse that sporty cars get.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Looking at a used (46k) 2012 MS3. However, it looks like it has some mods:

I am not familiar enough with the aftermarket on these cars to know what that red intercooler frame thing is. I recognize the corksport name but dont know what the gently caress that box is either. I know these cars are very frequently modded with a handful of bolt on parts, does this engine bay look like quality poo poo or something I should run screaming from?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Geoj posted:

That "box" is just the battery.

:lol: I feel pretty dumb about that, but thanks for the info!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Does the battery not get a special hood duct on the second-gen MS3?

I think the run/don't run would depend at least somewhat on whether or not it has had the high pressure fuel pump upgraded. Without that, any mods are increasing the danger of a lean condition.

Any quick way to see this? Not sure where the fuel pump is located on this car.

e: poo poo, looks like people upgrade the internals.

PaintVagrant fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

It's at a dealer, surprisingly. I was leery of the mods, and it sounds like 2nd gen cars are less tolerant of fuckery, so I will probably pass on it. Thanks a ton for the info guys. Hopefully more MS3s become availabing in spring, its slim pickings locally in my price range.