Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

smax posted:

Before I start randomly making GBS threads up threads, is this the general non-Miata/non-rotary Mazda thread, or is this for MZRs only?

I just got a CX-50 a couple weeks ago and didn’t see another thread that might fit.

Congrats on the cx-50. If my girl had wanted something that size I would have grabbed her one instead of the cx-30 carbon I ended up going with. It’s probably the best looking suv out there right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Called the dealer to schedule the first oil change on the CX-30. Said I was doing it at around 7k miles which is a bit early but I don't like 10k intervals. They proceed to tell me that it's 5k mile intervals so I freak out even though I checked the manual and then checked the manual again to make sure I wasn't insane. Yup, 10k intervals. It wouldn't be going to the dealer if it weren't under warranty.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

kefkafloyd posted:

There’s two schedules, a “light” and “heavy” one, with 10K and 5K intervals respectively. Most dealers assume you’ll be on the heavy one.

Yeah, I had seen that in the manual but it's definitely not getting what I'd consider heavy use. Even the stupid car app says she has 2500 miles to go.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Volguus posted:

Cannot be that bad like a BMW I drove once for about 30 min. The signal stick in that doesn't work like normal things do. You move it up or down like normal, but then it doesn't stay there, comes back straight. To stop signalling, you have to move it again up or down. I suppose one gets used to it after a while, but it's such a head scratcher, such an idiotic design ... wtf were they thinking?

I actually like this. They apparently ditched it in the 3 series at least in 2018. I noticed it immediately in the 2018 I bought a few weeks back.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Our CX-30 gave a malfunction warning with a P0126 code today. Seems to be a super common thing that's usually a stuck open thermostat. There's even a TSB for it but it apparently only covers up to the 2021 model year. Still under warranty thought and it's getting towed 50 miles to the dealer Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
So we had the car towed to the dealer. Zero codes present on the car itself. Still showed in the mazda app, but O'Reilly's probably cleared them when they scanned it. So we drove it home that day. No isssues since then until the engine malfunction warning came on again tonight. I'll check to see if it sticks and we'll have the car towed again.